Chapter 14

I intensely stare at the monsters, as my heart hammers within my chest. Not only could these monsters harm the nearby civilians, but they could ruin today's ceremony.

"Winx: Sirenix!"

I glance all around, as the people begin to panic

I glance all around, as the people begin to panic. "Rena, stop the monsters," I state, as she looks at me through the corners of her eyes. "I'll do my best to protect the civilians."

"We need to evacuate," Rena's father states, before looking at me. I nod in his direction, before furrowing my eyebrows in concentration. "Aqua: Empressix!" I declare.

Once I'm finished transforming, darkness charges at us

Once I'm finished transforming, darkness charges at us. I hold up my arms and create a water shield in front of us. I intently stare at the monsters, knowing that Rena is the only one who can stop them.

"How dare you!?" Rena roars angrily. "Raging wind!" She fires the spell at the creatures, which knocks them to the ground. A second later, one of the monsters hits her with a spell.

I quickly approach Rena, before catching her in my arms. "You okay?" I ask, as she stares at me for a moment. "What do you want me to do?" She narrows her eyes at the monsters, as a serious expression appears on her face.

"I'm going to defeat them no matter what," she says in determination. "Keep them away from me for a few seconds, and I'll destroy them." I shoot her a warm smile, as she flies away from them.

I hold out my arms, sending an enormous beam at the monsters. I frown, knowing that my magic is hardly doing a thing against them. Perhaps, the reason they were defeated by the civilians of Makani was because that's the only thing that can harm them.

"Air of Sirenix!" Rena shouts, as a powerful beam of air magic races towards the beasts. They struggle against her spell, as she closes her eyes in concentration.

Seconds later, the monsters fade along with the wind. Cheers erupt from the people, as the Winx and I land on the ground. As for Rena, she approaches the people, with a gentle smile on her face.

Suddenly, her body begins to glow. I stare at her in pure amazement, as a newfound energy comes from her. Within seconds, the light vanishes, as she reveals her new form.

I stare at her in pure amazement

I stare at her in pure amazement. "Rena, fate has chosen you," Rena's mom says, before approaching her daughter. "I'm so proud of you. You were amazing." A bright smile appears on her face, as her mom engulfs her in a hug. If anything, she's really proven herself today, and I cannot help but feel happy for her.