Chapter 36

The girl smiles and stares at Bloom. "It's really you, Selina!" Bloom states, before engulfing her in a hug. "How long has it been?" The said girl wraps her arms around the red haired female, as I eye her suspiciously. Something is off about her.

I look over at Rena, who appears nonchalant about the entire situation. "You feel it too, right?" Jax whispers, as I nod lightly. "Something isn't right about her."

"I'm going to talk to her," I say in a serious tone. Jax nods in response and follows right behind me, as I approach Bloom and Selina. Once I stop right in front of them, Selina eyes me cautiously and Bloom grins.

"Selina, this is Aqua," Bloom introduces, as I meet Selina's gaze. "Aqua, this is Selina." I step towards the green haired girl, before extending my hand.

"It's nice to meet you."

She takes my hand and shakes it, as I force a smile. Although she's one of Bloom's friends, I don't trust her. None of us know where she came from. We can't just take Bloom's word for it.

"Hello, Selina," Rena greets, before making her way towards us. "My name is Rena. I'm happy that we're meeting such a good friend of Bloom's. How do you know each other?"

"We've known each other since we were little," Bloom states. "Before I came to Alfea, her and I were best friends." I exchange a look with Stella, as she purses her lips in concentration.

"That's awesome!" Roxy proclaims, shooting a genuine smile in Selina's direction. "So, you also came from Earth." Selina looks at her for a moment, before nodding lightly.

"Welcome to Alfea," I state, before looking at Jax through the corners of my eyes. He meets my gaze, before taking my hand and leading me away from them.

"Good move, Aqua," he compliments. "Now, we can keep a good eye on her and see what she does." I nod in agreement, before shooting him a warm smile. There's no doubt about it. Him and I really do think alike.

We rejoin the others in the courtyard of Alfea. Brandon and Sky set up a giant blanket on the grass, while Helia and Riven were both carrying multiple baskets of food. As for Nabu and Timmy, they were bringing the drinks.

I intently stare at Selina, as she talks to Rena and Roxy. While Roxy isn't skeptical of her at all, it's safe to assume that Rena knows exactly what's going on. Even so, the more she talks, the less I trust her at all. I rest my head on Jax's shoulder, as a strange feeling forms in the pit of my stomach. There's no doubt about it; something bad is about to happen.