Chapter 27

I sit on my bed, thinking about what the winx could've been through when I was in the other dimension. I genuinely feel like I missed out on a lot. Perhaps, I shouldn't even be calling myself a member of the Winx Club.

A knock comes from my door. I roll my eyes in annoyance, before bringing my knees to my chest and resting my head on my pillow. "Go away," I say, before the door slams open.

Jax stands in the doorway, as my eyes widen in surprise. "Me too?" He questions. I hurriedly get to my feet, as a curious yet worried look crosses his face.

He then shuts the door behind him, as his eyes meet mine. "I..." I start, as he approaches me. Jax plants his lips on mine and places his hand on my back, as I seemingly melt into the kiss.

"I can tell that you've been overly stressed and overwhelmed lately," he says softly, breaking the kiss. I place my head on his shoulder, as he gently runs a hand through my hair. "How can you tell...?" I murmur.

"I got a call."

I lift my head and stare into his yellow eyes, as relief washes over me. "From Rena?" I ask, as he nods in response. "I see... She's hoping that you'll manage to convince me to talk to her."

"I know I can't force you to talk to her, but she called me hysterical," Jax whispers. "I won't ask you to forgive her, but just hear her out. I think that you two just misunderstood each other and need to talk it out."

I lower my head in dismay. I hate to say it, but he's right. I should at least hear what she has to say. "Okay, I'll talk to her..." I say softly, before resting my head on his shoulder.

A few seconds later, he pulls away and then wraps his arms around me. "It was great seeing you again, but I have to go," he murmurs. "I need to train more, but I'm genuinely happy that I came to see you."

"Me too," I admit, as my face softens. "I hope your training goes well, and definitely visit more often. Perhaps, I could beat you this time." He chuckles to himself, before tucking a strand of hair behind my ear.

"I'd love to see you try."

"Oh, you're...!"

He gives me another kiss, as a genuine smile forms on my lips. He's right about one thing. Although I'm the empress of the infinite ocean, he's the only one that can defeat me. Not only has he been training extremely hard since the moment I first saw him, but he wants to prove himself and be able to protect me.

Seconds later, we break apart from the kiss. He locks eyes with me for a moment, before walking away. I exit my room, instantly spotting Rena on the couch.

I shift uncomfortably. "Hey..." I say softly, capturing her attention. She turns to stare at me for a moment, as I anxiously purse my lips in concentration.

"Aqua, I..." Rena starts. I quickly approach her, before engulfing her in a hug. Tears stream down her cheeks, as she wraps her arms around me.  "I'm sorry about earlier," I state.

"No, I'm the one who should apologize," she says, lowering her head in dismay. "I didn't realize what you went through and how much it hurt you. Not only that, but I was rude to you earlier. I'm so sorry!" I shoot her a warm smile, as tears stream down her cheeks. If anything, I'm just happy we're no longer mad at each other.