Chapter 30

I sit on the back porch, being deep in thought. Although we'll forever be the Winx, they're starting a new stage in their lives. The other girls are taking on new responsibilities.

I bury my face into my palms, as a soft wind blows against my hair. In a way, I miss the old times. It used to be so simple and easy. Not only did we live in bliss, but everyone was so happy.

I purse my lips, before wiping the tears from my cheeks. Now, I have to constantly protect the infinite ocean from any potential threats. Compared to how I used to be, I feel completely different. I've definitely changed the most in the past year. What exactly happened to me?

Did it occur when I was in the other dimension? Or, perhaps, the Winx gradually changed me over time? Maybe, it was me naturally changing the way I react to different situations in life?

Suddenly, the patio door opens, as Flora comes out of the house. "It feels pretty reassuring out here, doesn't it?" She asks, as I look over my shoulder at her.

"Everything okay?"

She sighs heavily, before meeting my gaze. "I'm not sure what it is, but everything feels so different now," Flora admits. "All of us have changed so much in the past year, and I still can't believe it."

"I know what you mean," I emphasize. "Within the span of a few months, we've been forced to grow up and accept new responsibilities. Not only are all of us dealing with it in our own ways, but we're still trying to process events that are happening around us."

Tears form in her eyes, as she purses her lips. "Aqua, was accepting the responsibility of the empress of the infinite ocean terrifying?" She questions, as I stare at her in astonishment.

"Honestly, yes," I admit, as my hair covers my eyes. "Not only I was scared, but apart of me knew that it was going to change everything. I wasn't able to hang out with everyone as much, and I had to protect everything in the infinite ocean from danger."

"How do you handle it...?"

"Embrace it," I say, before meeting her gaze. "Nothing is easy, so take on your troubles with a brave face and stay true to yourself. All you can do is keep moving forward and never look back. If you look back, then there will be things you regret and wish you could change."

She grins. "Thank you, Aqua..."

I nod. "Of course."

Suddenly, two females appear before us. One of them has long, blonde hair, with bright, blue eyes. She wears a pretty, white dress and has some white wings.

The other female has long, dirty blonde hair that rolls down her back like a waterfall

The other female has long, dirty blonde hair that rolls down her back like a waterfall. She has dark blue wings and wears a elegant, dark blue and black dress. On her feet, she has on white books, with black and dark blue socks that go above her knees. Along with that, she wears makeup on her lips and eyes.

I stare at them with wide eyes

I stare at them with wide eyes. It's Ahaha and Cahya! I get to my feet, as a smile forms on my lips. If anything, I cannot believe that they traveled all of this way to visit us.