Chapter 42

I start to read the Mythix book, hoping it would inform me about how to properly use the Mythix powers. "Girls!" A voice comes from outside our door, which captures my attention. I exchange a look with Roxy, before walking towards the door and opening it.

Bloom stands there, with a bright smile on her face. "Hey, Bloom," I say, nodding in her direction. "Is everything okay?" The said female glances at Roxy, before pursing her lips in concentration.

"Daphne wants to see us in the history of Magicix classroom," she states. I run a hand through my hair and heave a sigh, as a serious expression forms on my face. "I'll catch up with you girls later. I have a date with Jax," I say, as Bloom raises her eyebrows in astonishment.

Roxy grins. "Okay, Aqua. Have fun!"

The two girls leave the room, as I close the door behind me and then set the book down on my nightstand. I raise my hand in the air, as sparkles surround me and change my outfit. I look in the mirror, as a bright smile forms on my lips.

I spin around the room, as excitement forms in the pit of my stomach

I spin around the room, as excitement forms in the pit of my stomach. I step out of my room, before heading straight to the courtyard. Jax stands in the center of the courtyard, resting his hand on his hip.

He wears a gray suit, with a blue and light green tie and a white shirt. I stare at him in amazement, as my heart flutters within my chest. A few fairies walk look over at him, before whispering and giggling.

I make my way towards him, which captures his attention. He stares at me with wide eyes, as a grin forms on his lips. Jax takes a few steps towards me, before engulfing me in a hug. "Aqua, you look stunning," he hums.

I hesitantly pull away from the hug, before meeting his gaze. "Thank you..." I say softly, as my cheeks turn bright red. "You look amazing as well!" A soft wind blows against my hair, before he tucks a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Aqua, close your eyes," Jax instructs. I nod lightly and close my eyes, as he rests his hand on my shoulder. We step forward, as a powerful energy completely shrouds us. Seconds later, the powerful energy vanishes, as he takes his hand off of my shoulder.

"Can I open my eyes?"

"Yeah."

I open my eyes, instantly noticing a gorgeous building in front of us. This place is known as Gabriel's, which serves the best steak in the entire magic dimension. "J-Jax...! How did you do it...? It's extremely difficult to get a reservation here," I state.

"Well, the owners of this restaurant are friends of mine," he admits, as I raise my eyebrows in astonishment. "They've been wanting us to visit Gabriel's because they want to meet you." A bright smile forms on my lips, as excitement forms in the pit of my stomach.

"I cannot wait to meet your friends!"

He nods and takes my hand, before leading me into the restaurant. Two females stand at the hostess stand. One of them was a teenage hostess, while the other was a woman in her mid-twenties.

The hostess grins. "Welcome to Gabriel's!"

The other woman turns to stare at us. "Jax! It's nice to see you again!" She states, before looking over at me with a bright smile. "You must be Aqua! It's a pleasure to meet you! You two can follow me right this way!"

She stops in front of a table and beckons for us to sit down, before handing us our menus. "Thank you so much!" I say cheerfully, as her eyes seem to light up. The woman glances from Jax back to me, before setting some silverware down on the table.

"You two seem so happy," the woman states. "Aqua, I have never seen Jax this happy before. Thank you for that. Now, I hope you two enjoy and have a great night!" She walks away, leaving Jax and I alone.

For the rest of the night, we enjoy each other's company. Not only was the food exceptional, but I was able to hang out with Jax and meet one of his friends. If anything, that was the most fun I've had in a long time.