Chapter 59

The second Selina hears her name called, she immediately flies towards us. I run a hand through my hair and approach her, as a serious expression appears on my face. She narrows her eyes at me, before getting into a fighting stance.

"Selina, why are you still on the Trixs' side?" I ask, as she purses her lips in concentration. I put my hands on my hips, as my heart hammers within my chest. Since the Legendarium is gone, why wouldn't she return to Eldora?

"You took the only thing that mattered to me!" She declares, before firing a green orb at me. I pivot to the side and dodge her attack, as a soft wind blows against my hair. She clenches her fists in desperation, before sending another orb at me.

"Selina, that book is evil," I say in a strangely calm tone. "Not only will it corrupt you, but it completely change everything about you. Honestly, Selina, I don't want to hurt you. Bloom still cares about you."

She rolls her eyes in annoyance, before extending her arms and firing a fairly powerful beam at me. I raise my arm, as a shield appears before me. My shield blocks her attack with ease, as Selina's eyes widen in terror.

"It's about time to end this," I say sharply, as her eyes flash dangerously. "Empowering water!" A beam charges at her, as she creates a shield of snakes. My attack starts to break through her shield, as she clenches her fists in desperation. In a matter of seconds, Selina's shield breaks, and my attack launches her to the ground. I intently stare at her for a moment, realizing that she's unconscious.

I then look over my shoulder at the Trixs, as they scowl in annoyance. "This means war!" Stormy states, before crossing her arms. Icy nods in agreement, before putting her hands on her hips. Darcy raises her arms in the air, which teleports them, Selina, and the rest of the witches away.

A bright smile forms on my face, as I turn to stare at the other members of the Winx club. Although this was a very minor victory, we managed to fend off the witches' attack and keep Alfea safe for another day. Even so, apart of me cannot believe that one of my friends would ever betray us. Perhaps, that scroll is wrong, and we'll make our own destiny.