(O/S) Hagakure x suicidal!reader

Requested by xXBlankAestheticXx
Oof, this might be a bit OOC. Also, this is not romanticising suicide or self-harm, and if you are feeling suicidal please get help in some way <3
Fic title: The Death Card

Hagakure - the most interesting person you'd met since starting that sick game.
If you're being honest, you saw him as a dumbass at first. But then he started talking to you, about anything really - crystal balls, tarot cards, a ton of other stuff which you couldn't quite recall.
However, when Maizano died, you felt... nothing. You hardly knew her, but you should still feel bad when someone dies, right?
Even when Leon died, your heart throbbed with emptiness.
This drew you away from the rest of the students, often locking yourself in your room and only leaving from brief intervals to eat.
Of course, this wasn't the only reason. You're family life hadn't exactly been stellar. You lived with your mother, since you father had left her. She was your world, a person to talk to and a person to care about... a reason to live. However, your motive video revealed that something terrible happened to her.
This lead you to cutting yourself, from the guilt of being too worthless to do anything.
That was also a flaw in you - you saw the best in others, the worst in yourself. You saw liars in others, and a pitiful soul in yourself.
Hiro certainly had a way to make you feel happy. He lit up your darker days, and even encouraged you to eat breakfast with the others for a change.
However, after Maizano... you just were constantly unable to cope. You had numerous breakdowns, and cried far too much.
Hiro noticed the fact that you weren't sneaking out into the kitchen, and decide to find you and talk.
A knock on your door made you jump. You were on the verge of a meltdown - you couldn't face anyone right then.
The knocking persisted. "Hey, can I come in?" A cheery voice called. You could almost hear the smile.
"S-Sure, Hiro."
The tall tanned figure stepped into your room and sat on your bed. "So, wanna tell me what's up?"
"Nah, not really. You've got your own problems, y'know?"
Your ears hadn't fooled you - Hiro was definitely smiling. "It seems like you seriously need to talk. Are you crying?"
You played with your h/c hair. "Um... maybe a little bit. I... I just don't know."
"I'm here for you if you need me."
For the first time, something strange happened. You saw Hiro like you saw everyone else - a liar who pitied you every second of every day. His smile seemed fabricated.
"Th-Thanks." I sighed.
He pulled a deck of tarot cards from one of his pockets. He shuffled them and fanned them out in front of you. "Pick a card, any card."
"Do you know how to use tarot cards?"
"That's besides the point, pick a card!"
You curiously plucked out a card. It was the death card. The skeleton sketched out in the picture was practically heckling you.
He peeked at which card you got.
"Umm— Uhh—!"
He'd set you up. You were sure of it.
"The Death Card means—"
"Hiro, can I please have some space?"
Hesitant, the Ultimate Fortune Teller stepped back and out the door, leaving his cards behind on the bed. "Okay... see you at breakfast tomorrow?"
"Sure." You lied.
You started to feel... nauseous. First your mother, now Hiro? Why would everyone lie to you?
The first thing that came to mind was cutting. No, you thought to yourself, I want to get better. For everyone's sake.
However, you couldn't get the thought out of your head. Maybe just a few more scratches?

Hiro's POV

I was in the dining hall with the others, planning our next move and how we could stay safer. I sort of just hung back, waiting for a conclusion to be made, when I realised I didn't have my tarot cards.
"Togami, Kirigiri, d'you mind if I just step away for a sec? I just have to get something I left in Y/N's room."
Togami was quick to glare knives at me, while Kirigiri just told me to hurry back.
Down the halls I sauntered, the dim lighting cooling me. I knocked on Y/N's door with a slight rhythm. When she didn't answer, I knocked again.
Antisocial as she was, she never stayed quiet after two knocks.
The third time I called through the door. "Hey, Y/N, are my tarot cards in there?"
The cards were individually slid under the door. Some had a slight pink staining them.
"Woah, Y/N, what's with the blood? You're not killing anyone in there, are you?"
I heard a slight mumble, before I truly began to get suspicious. Well, that's the wrong word - I was afraid.
So I checked the door. Unlocked - things just kept getting weirder and weirder.
I creaked it open, and nearly threw up when I saw Y/N hunched over on her bed with a knife.
"Put it down." I tried to sound as gentle as possible, but my voice was shaking too much.
She turned her head up slightly. "No." She said bluntly. "Stop pretending."
"Y/N, please...?"
She pressed the knife to her wrist. Not enough to pierce the skin, but enough to warn me to back off.
"Hiro, if you come any closer or let anyone know about this, I'll do it."
I took a slight step away. "I care about you, you know."
"Liar."
"But—"
"Liar."
We both stood in silence. There was pink up and down her arms. Some of the wounds had scarred over, others were fresh. "Y/N, I love you."
"Stop it." She was on the verge of tears. She stared emptily at the ground. "Please go away."
She took the knife and dropped it on the ground.
Before I knew it, we were a hugging, crying mess.

...

As much as I hated doing stuff for the others, I could get used to helping Y/N.

Word count - 1018.

Ugh sorry if this was bad lol.