(O/S) Hajime x Split Personality! Reader

Requested by @AnimeGamePrincess. Enjoy 🖤 This is like an alternate version of chapter one lol.
Fic title: She's A Rarity
T/Ws: Mental illness and brief mention of suicide. This is not to romanticise these things and if you are going through similar experiences please get help.

Y/N's POV

I never wanted them to find out about her.
I should probably explain.
Ever since I was born I had this... thing about me. Whenever I would pass out an alter would overtake my body. Though we could not share thoughts, we could share feelings. Ambitions. In this specific case, lovers.
'Rarity' was her name. Get it? Because she was a rarity? I'm so funny. Rarity's probably funnier, though. Then again, I wouldn't know; I've never met her after all.
However, when that stupid monochrome bear started preaching about death and murder I knew it was inevitable that she would come out of hiding.
So, on the first night after I cried my eyes out and interacted with nobody (that's not hyperbole; that actually happened) I wrote a note to Rarity and left it on my bedside table, before trying to scare myself.

Hello, I'm your alter, Y/N. Could you write back something? Thanks. -Y/N.

I called in Monokuma, who gladly took the opportunity to produce a nightmare-inducing-enough face that I passed out.
My plan must have worked.

Oh, you're that peasant, huh? Strange, you seem too... shy to have someone as great as I being an alter to you. What did you need? Were you too peasant-like to complete the mystery task by yourself? -Rarity (PS: nice choice of name; I'm surprised such a peasant came up with it).

Sure, it was mildly insulting, but it was a step in the right direction.
Monokuma, satisfied with his work, left in a literal poof of smoke.
That's when there was a knock at the door.
Swiping the note off of my desk and stuffing it under my pillow, I called to the stranger that they could come in.
Hajime stepped inside, a small smile on his face and politely nodded at me. "Hey, you heard about Byakuya's party later tonight, right?"
"Yeah." I told him apprehensively.
"I was wondering if I could walk you from your dorm?
I could feel my other half internally screaming that I didn't need a 'peasant's' help, but I repressed her and nodded meekly.
"Awesome, I'll see you..." he gave me a suspicious look. "...are you okay? Your hands are shaking."
Oh God, I was suddenly hyper aware of my trembling hands. I clasped them together behind my back and smiled my fear away. "The air conditioning's pretty cold."
"You're hiding something from me, aren't you?"
"It's not—"
"I mean, ever since the killing game was announced you've been... slinking about. You've been staring at the others, at me, with a sort of glint in your eyes."
"It's not—"
He gave me a stern glare that silenced me.
My voice fizzled into nothing more than a whisper. "You have to understand that I'm not trying to murder. Please, just trust me when I say—"
"Listen, we're going to be late for the party. I don't want to believe you'd kill someone, but for my peace of mind, may I still please walk you there?"
I gave a silent nod, and our walk was in silence as stars glittered up above us. He stared at the ground, as did I, and I couldn't help but worry about Rarity. I was pretty tired, and my reactions would slow. If anyone even jokingly scared me Rarity could take over and do God-knows-what.
I sucked in a deep breath as we entered the party (after Byakuya checked both Hinata and I for weapons).
Though my innocence may not have been entirely proven, Hajime seemed satisfied enough to at least try and enjoy himself. He even invited me up to dance during one part of the party, to which I gladly obliged, and it's fair to say that we had a good evening.
However, it took one little thing to trigger the next chain of events.
The lights went out.
Panicking, I felt myself go unconscious.

Rarity's POV

When I stood up, it was too dark to see anything. Whoever dared to kill the spotlight when it was supposed to be on moi?
Offended, I yelled that I demanded that the lights turned on. When they didn't, I huffed and rushed to the kitchen.
That's when I heard Nagito.
He was laughing.
"Peasant! I demand to know why you are laughing at such a dire time!"
Nagito just laughed louder.
"P-Peasant?!"
"Finally. I'll become a stepping stone for hope."
"Peasant!"
I heard a squelch. The lights came on soon enough.
Nagito was impaled on a skewer.
Screeching from the shock, I stumbled back into the party.
Byakuya was dead too. Stabbed, most likely.
Needless to say, I lost consciousness.

Y/N's POV

I woke up on my bed with Hinata.
Wait, Hinata?!
"Y/N, you're awake, finally." He nodded thoughtfully. "I'm sorry to confirm but... Byakuya and Nagito are dead."
It took all of my free will not too scream. They were what?!
Oh, God, what did Rarity do?!
"I need you to help me with the investigation." Hinata offered a hand, which I gladly took as I sat up. "We'll investigate everyone's dormrooms, starting with yours."
I nodded, still in shock.
He held my hand, forcing a small smile. "Come on." He encouraged. "The faster we start, the faster we can prove your innocence."

Timeskip brought to you by Mondokuma—

"So during this trial," I asked the monochrome bear as we took our places on the podiums, "If Nagito's killer and Byakuya's killer are different, then who's killer do we have to find?"
He rubbed his chin with his paw. "Hmmm... Good question, Y/N! Nagito died first, so Nagito's killer!"
I swear I heard Teruteru sigh.
"Okay." I said, swallowing my fear.
And so, the trial began.

Another timeskip brought to you by the author not author-ing—

After a lot of debate and the blame being tossed back and fourth, Hajime revealed some evidence that he hadn't shown me. His eyes flashed with both betrayal and disbelief.
"I found this letter under Y/N's pillow." He revealed, holding up my note.
For a second, I was stunned.
"Y/N has textbook split personality?" Fuyuhiko added in surprise.
I didn't speak and stared at my shoes.
"It appears so." He glanced over the note. "Y/N's alter ego, Rarity as she calls it, could have definitely killed Nagito. We've already confirmed Teruteru as Byakuya's killer, and he couldn't have been in two places at once, so that rules out of option that Teruteru was out for twice the amount of blood. Ibuki's listening skills confirmed that Y/N's, or rather Rarity's, voice had a 'posh accent' to quote her directly, and that it was 'growing distant', implying that Rarity was moving about."
I was in tears at this point.
"But I can't switch between my alter and my normal personality at will!" I weakly defended.
"Please don't make this more difficult..." Hajime pleaded gently. "...Explain how you switch between the two."
"Well," I said, meekly, "When I black out I switch to her."
"Okay... well the sudden blackout could have freaked your sensitive usual self so much that she blacked out and switched to Rarity!" Ibuki chimed in. "Woohoo! Sensitive! Ibuki used a big word!"
Hajime, after shooting a sidewards glance to the SHSL Musician, directed his gaze back onto me. "So...?" He asked, a flicker of hope still in his eyes.
"My persona was too posh to do anything as drastic as murder!"
"Good people get bored quickly, Y/N. They snap like a twig." Fuyuhiko rolled his eyes. "Any more pathetic objections."
"...I... I..."
Monokuma chimed in, his crimson-red eye flashing with an odd satisfaction. "...I think that settles it, then! Okay, class... it's voting time!"
Of course, I was elected as guilty.
We all stepped down from our podiums, and Hajime instantly hugged me.
"Hajime—"
"I'm not letting go. You're not guilty. Rarity is."
"Hajime—"
"Monokuma, this can't be fair!"
"Haj—"
"I... I need to say one last thing before you die."
"Hajime—" I stopped myself, taking a deep breath. "—Go ahead."
"You're extremely intriguing to be around. You didn't yell at me when I was confronting you. You were just... amazing, all the time. I really like you. I don't want you to die. There has to be another explanation."
"Aww!" Usami chirped, "This is too adorable! Monokuma, you can't—"
"Okay, lovebirds, break it up!" Monokuma interrupted, taking his hammer and smashing it onto his execution button.
"IT'S PUNISHMENT TIME!"

Hajime's POV

I don't like to think about Y/N's execution. The way it fit with y/t so well. The way it even implemented how she had split personality. The way implemented how Rarity had corrupted someone who I loved so dearly. I wished - wish - I could have articulated my emotions better.
However, a seed of hope was planted inside my mind.
Y/N had passed out from the stress of her execution, leaving Rarity to scream, "I'M INNOCENT! I'M NOT GUILTY!" At the top of her quivering lungs.
Hope. It felt nice.
It withered when she was brutally killed.
I still miss her.

Word count - 1572.

Oof so I'm really sorry and I thought this was pretty bad?? So sorry it took so long ;-;