(O/S) Gonta x Sick (Asthmatic)! Fem! Reader

Requested by @FadedForest. Enjoy!
Fic title: Attack.

Y/N's POV

I couldn't stop running. I just couldn't. My footsteps were deafening and my heartbeat hammered in a chant.
Your fault.
I didn't mean to kill Angie. She came up behind me and I freaked out. I hit her sporadically. But even as she cried I didn't - I couldn't - stop. Even as she was down on the floor of my Ultimate Lab, if I stopped attacking her she could get up and kill me.
So I ran.
I knew the burden of death even during a killing game would slow me down but I raced to the only person I knew would do something to help me.
Gonta Gokuhara.
He would understand. He would protect me, even as a filthy murderer. He'd not let me die. We could spend our time talking about bugs instead of how to avoid trial. Life would be happy. If not happy, life would be fine.
I kept running.
My feet hurt against the school floor. My feet hurt until I stopped noticing the ache.
Instead, I felt ache in my lungs.
Asthma.
God dammit.
My inhaler was in my Ultimate Lab, the one by the cafeteria. I wasn't too far, I could still make it.
I forced myself to stand up straight and tried to regulate my breathing. Inhale, exhale, inhale, exhale.
Life would be fine. Get inhaler, get to Gonta, survive.
Angie's death was crushing my lungs, squeezing them dry. Tightness made my mouth run dry with worry.
Inhale, exhale, inhale, exhale.
It wasn't working, I still felt my lungs tighten with each breath.
At this rate I was on my way to passing out.
Dizziness swept me up.
Inhale, exhale, inhale—

Third Person POV

Y/N had to cling to the wall for support.
Gonta happened to turn the corner.
When he saw Y/N wheezing, he knew something was wrong.
He'd seen her with her inhaler before, so he knew about her asthma, but he'd never seen her have an asthma attack before.
But he was a gentleman, and gentlemen never back down when somebody is in need.
He immediately went towards her, and noticed the blood. He pushed the worry that she'd killed someone out of his mind - Y/N would never kill someone. She'd probably been attacked. Once he'd helped her with her attack he'd help her with whatever wounds she had.
"Y/N? Y/N, what should Gonta do to help you?"
Y/N coughed in response, then, tensely, replied, "Inhaler, Ultimate Lab."
Gonta was emotionally torn in the moment. Either leave Y/N to suffer an asthma attack alone and get her what she needs or wait with her and let her suffer.
He'd be quick, he promised nobody in particular.
He knew where he Ultimate Lab was, since they often relaxed there during free time or after trials. He got her inhaler swiftly and handed it to her, which she frantically started using.
It took quite a few minutes. Her breathing eventually regulated, but panic still shone in her eyes. "Gonta, I'm so so sorry."
"Huh? Y/N, Gonta is just thankful you're okay."
"N-No, Gonta you don't understand." He used her inhaler one more time when she felt her chest tighten again. "G-Gonta, this trial... it's going to be the end of the road for me."
"Eh? But Shuichi is smart! He'll make sure we get out alive."
"No... he'll make sure the spotless get out alive." She muttered darkly. "G-Gonta, I don't think you get it. I... Angie... I wanted to get out, Gonta, so I... killed her." She choked up, hugging Gonta. "I-I don't want to die!"
It took Gonta a few seconds to digest the information but when he did he hugged her. He didn't cry, since a part of him wanted to believe she'd get out alive, but when he knew she was done for he burst into tears.
They stood in the hallway, hugging for a good long time.
Just as they were about to stop sobbing, the Body Discovery Announcement went off. With that, they cried again.
Y/N pulled apart from the hug, eyes pink and puffy. She sniffed harshly. "Well then, I might as well save Shuichi some time."
"Wait, Y/N, we can get you out alive!" Gonta blurted out. "Cuz... If Y/N goes, who will Gonta admire bugs with?"
She sniffed again. "Gonta, you want to be a gentleman, right?"
He nodded, secretly both knowing and dreading what she was getting at.
"Then you have to help everyone else here survive. Don't let the blackened get away in any trial, even..." She drew a deep breath, straightening herself. "...Even me."
"Y/N, you're one of the best people I know. Why would you... why would you kill Angie?"
Y/N wiped her eyes, and then wiped Gonta's eyes. "I wanted to get out. I wanted to be free. Now I realise that I was dumb because if I got out, I wouldn't be free. I wouldn't be free because the one I love wouldn't be beside me. You wouldn't be beside me, Gonta."
Gonta's eyes widened. "You like Gonta? Cuz... Gonta thinks he likes you, too."
Y/N sighed. "Shuichi needs to know what I've done, Gonta. Come on."
Y/N's chest was tightening. She knew she wasn't having an asthma attack but she used her inhaler anyway, before she'd panic again.
She found Shuichi and confessed. She was shaking. Gonta held her hand, though. She kept her eyes down during the very short trial and even during her execution.
Gonta kept her inhaler on him in case she needed it again, even if she was dead. He liked to think she'd need it as a ghost some day so that he could help her.
He deep down knew it wouldn't happen but let the guy dream.

Word count - 989.