0.5

*

*

After Eleanor's afternoon at the Cullen house, a piece of her had settled. Maybe it was the fact that their home was still there, still in one piece. Maybe it had to do with seeing Carlisle's face again, even if it was just in picture form.

She stared at their picture now, a small smile on how face that hadn't quite disappeared since that afternoon. Her phone pinged on her bedside table, breaking El out of her thoughts.

After placing the photo next to her, Eleanor reached for her phone. The message across her screen sent a flash of hope through her and she began to text back when a knock sounded on her door.

Jess entered a second later, holding her phone up in the air. "Did you get the text from Bella, too?"

"Yeah." El said as she finished typing her message, telling Bella that they'd both meet her for a movie. "I told her we'd meet her."

"Great." Jess answered unenthusiastically, moving further into Eleanor's room to sit on her bed.  "What's this?"

Jess' fingers curled gently around the newly found photo, her brows pinching together softly. "Where'd you get this?"

Eleanor breathed a laugh, picking at her nails as she answered her sister. "I went to their house."

"When?" Jess asked, shooting her a look that Eleanor didn't see.

"Yesterday afternoon." El answered, her blue eyes landing back on the small photograph. Her heart squeezed painfully in her chest.

"Well, you guys looked happy." Jess set the picture back down on the bed and stood. "We should probably be going."

"Right." Eleanor mumbled back, watching as her sister closed the door behind her. She looked back down at the picture, a frown on her face now as she stared at herself and Carlisle.

They did look happy in the picture and Eleanor couldn't help but wonder why he couldn't just stay with her. Or at the very least, keep some sort of contact for her to know that he was okay.

With an irritated huff, El turned away from her bed and finished getting ready, excited to spend time with her friend tonight.

The movie was boring but Eleanor sat through it for Bella's sake. Neither Bella nor Jess looked to thrilled during the show but El was glad that Bella was at least getting out of the house now.

Afterwards, the three girls walked along the sidewalk, eyeing some stores as they passed. Eleanor and Bella walked close together, while Jess stayed close to El, rambling about the movie.

"I don't know why you wanna sit through all those zombies eating people and no hot guys kissing anybody. It's gross." Jess spoke quickly, not allowing either girl to get another word in. "Like why are there so many zombie movies anyway?"