+ bonus

*

*

It was a quiet day in the Cullen house. Most of the family was out hunting - besides Emmett and Jasper who had gone out the previous day. It had been a few months since the wedding, but Eleanor still hadn't been changed. She wanted to wait until she was 23, the same age Carlisle was when he was turned.

El was lounging on the couch, mindlessly scrolling through her phone. The television provided her with background noise, though she wasn't really paying attention to what was playing. It was summertime and El was enjoying her time away from school.

Since she only worked part time with Jess, she had a lot of free time. When she wasn't working, she was either with her mom, spending time with her friends, or with the Cullen family. 

El clicked her tongue to the roof of her mouth as she sent a text to her mom. As soon as the message sent, she felt a presence beside her, causing her to jump. She looked towards Emmett with wide eyes, who wore a large smirk on his face. 

She narrowed her eyes. "What are you doing?"

"What are you doing?" Emmett asked back, a wicked gleam present in his amber eyes. 

"Nothing?" Eleanor was looking at him strangely, knowing the large vampire was up to something. And whatever it was, it did not seem like it was going to be a good idea.

"You wanna fight?"

She was right.

"Fight? Where?"

Emmett shrugged his broad shoulders, looking around the house. "We can go outside, obviously. Come on, El. You must be so bored right now."

Eleanor pursed her lips, thinking about how bad this would be if anything bad happened. But she hadn't properly used her abilities since the fight with the Volturi, and Emmett's offer made her realize how much she missed it. 

"How long before everyone gets back?"

"We've probably got half an hour."

El began to smile and got up from the couch. She grabbed the hair tie that was around her wrist and started to pull up her hair. Emmett nearly bounced with excitement and raced outside as soon as Eleanor had her hands back by her side.

She followed after him eagerly, excited to finally be doing something other than silly stuff with her powers. They found a nice open spot that wasn't too far from the front door. Emmett readied himself instantly, smirking widely at Eleanor, who stretched out her fingers.

"You sure you want to do this?" He asked, clenching his fists.

"I've beaten your ass a few times before." Eleanor teased back. "What's one more?"

He ran towards her, barely giving her time to react as she snapped her wrists in front of her. She just slightly missed Emmett, sending the energy into the trunk of a small tree. Emmett's laugh rang out loudly around her. "Don't get too full of yourself, El."