+ bonus

*

*

Carlisle stared out the window at the falling snow. They had lived with the Denalis' for five months now, and Carlisle was feeling more miserable with every passing day.

He missed his mate more than anything. He shouldn't have left - Edward hadn't been with the family for almost two months now.

As much as Carlisle hated to say it, he wished he would have stayed. If Edward was just going to run off by himself, why did he need the rest of the Coven to leave? He felt guilty for even thinking this.

Esme watched her friend from her spot on the couch. She couldn't imagine how hard this was for him. Everyone else had their mates with them, and Eleanor was all the way back in Forks.

She set her book down and stood from the couch. Esme laid a hand on Carlisle's shoulder as she approached him. He flashed her a tight smile before facing the window again.

"I know it's hard," she started, staring at the snow with him, "but it's only for a short time."

Carlisle hummed, "I just hope she's okay."

Esme couldn't help but laugh at him, "this is Eleanor we're talking about. She's strong - she'll be fine for a couple more months."

He stayed silent. Esme smiled, "Edward just needs a little more time."

"It's been five months, Esme," Carlisle snapped. He instantly apologized and ran a hand down his face, "I just miss her."

"I know."

---

Finally.

Carlisle looked around his house with a wide smile on his face. He was home. After six months he and his family were finally back in Forks.

He was going to see Eleanor again. He could only pray that she wasn't too upset with him. Carlisle hoped that she missed him as much as he did her.

They had been home for no more than ten minutes when the front door slammed open. Carlisle faced the family room door, ready for the love of his life.

And there she was. Even as she stood in tears, she never looked more beautiful to him. Carlisle grinned widely at the girl, watching as she ran to him. He easily caught her in his arms, not hesitating to press his lips to hers.

He had  nearly forgotten how soft her lips were. They were a drug to him and he could feel himself slipping every second. God, he had missed her.

"You came back," Eleanor cried to him. He smiled at her once more, his amber eyes taking in the beauty that was Eleanor Stanley.

"I promised, didn't I?"

***

I really miss writing for my favorite couple, I swear.

The bonus chapters will be shorter than regular chapters, btw.

I miss you guys so much :(

pleuvoirx