1.1

*

*

Eleanor stood by the door inside the house and watched Bella wave goodbye to Charlie. She - along with the rest of the house - was shocked that Bella had been around Charlie as well as she did. She hoped she could be like that with her own family.

"Well done, Bella," Jasper praised her when she walked back inside, "I've never seen a newborn show that much restraint."

"I'm not even sure she is a newborn," Emmett teased, "she's so tame."

"Don't antagonize her, Emmett, she the strongest one in the house," Edward said, and Eleanor tilted her head at him, "well, physically anyway."

Emmett scoffed, "please."

"Is that a challenge?" Bella asked with a smile.

Emmett didn't say anything, and only punched his fist against his open palm. Bella raised a brow, then took off towards the back of the house, with Emmett right on her tail. Eleanor rolled her eyes at how dramatic the two were.

A sound of surprise left Eleanor's mouth when Carlisle picked her up and ran towards the backyard. When he set her back down, she crossed her arms and glared at the vampire. He only gave her a cheeky smile, and wrapped his arm around her waist. Eleanor relaxed into his side.

She looked over towards Emmett, and with wide eyes, she watched as the vampire carried a large boulder over to the group. He set it down with a large grin on his lips, and stared up at Bella. He leaned forward and set his elbow on the stone.

"Don't hurt yourself, Emmett," Eleanor teased, as she watched Bella mimic Emmett's stance.

Emmett only looked over at the witch, smugly.

"On three," Jasper spoke from beside Alice, "one, two, three."

The two vampires instantly started their arm wrestle, and Eleanor watched in amusement as Emmett clenched his jaw. He frowned, and his muscles flexed as he pushed against Bella's hand. Eleanor looked up at Carlisle, and they shared a grin.

Bella quickly switched roles with Emmett, and pinned his arm on the rock below them. Emmett pulled away with a look of disbelief, and Eleanor let out a cheer for Bella. The newborn let out a laugh, and then proceeded to kick and punch pieces of rock off of the boulder.

Eleanor watched her friend as she enjoyed the benefits of being a vampire. Bella stopped, and turned to face the sunlight. She slowly began to walk into it, and looked down at her now sparkling skin.

El looked up at Carlisle again, "I don't think I've ever seen her this happy."

Carlisle smiled, and listened as Eleanor began to talk again, "now that I know that I can still see my family, I'm not as scared about becoming a vampire, you know? I mean, how different is my life going to be? Besides feeding on animals instead of good food."