1.7

Okay quick warning, some of you may not like this chapter

Okay quick warning, some of you may not like this chapter. I have read your comments about what should happen and it definitely doesn't happen lol. I hope you enjoy anyway!!
***

It was the night before the battle.

Eleanor's hand was clasped firmly in Carlisle's as the two made their way to a small clearing the middle of the forest. The rest of the witnesses were there, along with Jacob and his small pack.

Eleanor left Carlisle's side and made her way over to Jacob and Benjamin. The two sat quietly together as Edward placed a load of firewood into the center. Eleanor watched in amazement as Benjamin's fingers ignited with fire and threw it onto the wood.

"That's what I'm talking about," Jacob smiled, "a little pre-battle bonfire. Telling war stories."

Eleanor and Jacob looked towards the rest of the witnesses, who stood silent and unmoving. Jake scoffed, "or just stand around like freaking statues."

Suddenly, Garrett appeared on the log across from the three, "Name any American battle. I was there."

Eleanor smirked at the boasting vampire, but decided to challenge him a little, "Little Bighorn."

"I was this close to biting Custer," he said, holding his thumb and finger inches apart, "but the Indians got him first."

Kate appeared on Garrett's lap, "Try Oleg's assault on Constantinople. He didn't win that one on his own."

The Irish appeared next, and Liam said, "if you're talking battles, you're talking the Eleven Years' War. No one does the rebellion like the Irish."

"You lost the Eleven Years' War," Garrett frowned, confused.

"Aye," Liam grinned, "but it was one hell of a rebellion."

Eleanor laughed at the Irish vampire, before turning her head to see where Carlisle had went. She noticed him standing beside Edward, a few feet away from the rest of the group. The two sent each other small smiles.

Her eyes wandered to the group of witnesses, and a sudden sadness filled her heart. There was a chance that all of these lives would be lost tomorrow. She looked to Esme, who was chatting with a young nomad that Rose and Emmett encountered on their travels. Eleanor smiled as she watched Esme with him - perhaps she had found her mate.

She took a shaky breath, trying to clear the dangerous thoughts from her mind. It would be okay - they could persuade the Volturi enough for them to let them go, and that would be it. No deaths, no sadness, and no leaving Carlisle.

A wave of calm washed over the girl, causing her to furrow her brows. The only person that could mess with her emotions was Jasper, and he had left months ago. Her blue eyes searched the trees, trying to find the empath.