0.6

*

*

"Who was it? Someone we know?"

"A stranger," Edward said, "I didn't recognize their scent."

Eleanor, Bella and the Cullen family sat around the living room in a circle. The Coven had no clue what vampire would invade Bella's house, and leave her father alive. It was strange to all of them.

"A nomad passing through?" Esme suggested, her worried glance focused on Bella.

Rose shook her head, "a passer-by wouldn't have left Bella's dad alive."

Eleanor looked down at her hands, trying to think. Who would break into Bella's house and only take a t-shirt?

Jasper and Emmett walked into the living room, just getting back from trying to track the vampire. Jasper came to a stop beside Alice, "his scent disappeared about five miles south of Bella's house."

Carlisle squeezed Eleanor's hand, "someone's orchestrating this."

"Victoria?" El suggested, looking around the group.

"No," Alice disagreed, "I would've seen her decide."

"The Volturi?" Bella asked.

"I've been watching Aro's decisions, too," Alice admitted, glancing at Bella and Eleanor.

"So we keep looking," Emmett said.

"We can take shifts, guarding Bella at her house," Carlisle suggested.

"Another protection detail?" Eleanor looked over at Rose to see her rolling her eyes. The girl's eyebrows raised in amusement, but she somewhat agreed with the vampire. There was always an excessive amount of protection needed for Bella.

"Rosalie." Carlisle shot her a look.

"No, she's right." Bella agreed. "You guys can't protect me, watch my dad, and search for the intruder. Or Victoria. Or keep yourselves fed."

"We can have Eleanor help us too," Alice said, smiling at the girl.

"Absolutely not," Carlisle shook his head, "not while she's still human."

"Hey!" Eleanor chuckled, "I helped you guys with Victoria, didn't I? I can help."

Bella smiled at her friend. Although she was somewhat jealous of Eleanor's abilities, she was glad she had her for extra protection.

Carlisle just shook his head at his mate. "If you get hurt..."

"I can protect myself, Carlisle," she smiled at him, and reached up to peck his cheek.

"I'm not leaving her defenseless, Carlisle." Edward muttered.

'Maybe she wouldn't be defenseless,' Eleanor thought, but quickly pushed it out of her mind. After what happened with Jacob, she didn't want to ask for his help. But it may be the only solution they had.