0.5

*

*

Eleanor rested her head on her hand as she drove down the street. Rain poured around her car as she drove the short distance to her mother's. She had to get out of the Cullen house - she couldn't stand the tension and energy that surrounded it now.

She had already missed a week of classes. Eleanor knew she had to go back, but it was hard with Bella dying. All she wanted to do is be there with her friend.

But now since Carlisle was at work, the house was suffocating. Which is why she was going to visit her mom. She hadn't been over since she told her of the engagement, and she wanted her mother's opinion on things for the wedding.

Even though Eleanor knew they wouldn't be getting married for a while, she wanted something to take her mind off things. Plus, she was excited to plan, even if she didn't show it much.

Once Eleanor parked her car, she took a deep breath and prepared herself to run through the downpour. Without another thought, the witch opened her door and sprinted to the front door. She threw it open, and walked inside, closing it behind her.

"Mom, I'm home!" She called, setting her bag on the bench.

"I'm in here!" Mrs. Stanley replied.

El made her way to the sitting room. She smiled at her mom, who was sitting in front of the small table with a notepad and pens. Jess was next to her, with her phone out and a pen in her hand.

"Come sit down, Ellie," Mrs. Stanley patted the seat beside her, "me and Jess have a few ideas."

"You guys have more planned than I've even thought of," she joked, making her way over to them.

"My little girl is getting married!" Mrs. Stanley exclaimed, "of course I'm ahead of you in planning!"

Jessica and Eleanor just laughed at their mother. El leaned her head on her mom's shoulder, and peered at the notes in front of her. She frowned for a moment, "how did you know I wanted a spring wedding?"

"Mother's intuition," she winked, "spring's always been your favorite season."

"Yeah, it has," she murmured. Eleanor hadn't talked to Carlisle about getting married in the spring, but she was sure he wouldn't mind. And honestly, as long as she married him she didn't mind either.

"Have you thought of colors? Or what you want your dress to look like? Or who your maid of honor or bridesmaids are going to be? Or-" Eleanor cut her mom off with a laugh.

"I haven't had time to think of anything!" She giggled.

"Well, what have you been doing this past week then?" Jess asked, curiously.

The smile faded from Eleanor's lips, "um, Bella's been really sick. We've been trying to take care of her."

"Is she going to be okay?" Mrs. Stanley asked, worriedly.