0.9

*

*

Eleanor leaned against Carlisle's Volvo, picking at her black nail polish. The coven sat in the same clearing they had caught Victoria in a few weeks before. The vampires stood around, talking quietly, while Eleanor and Bella leaned against the car.

The werewolves were late, and Eleanor was getting bored of waiting on them. It seemed like they had been here forever.

"Hey El," she looked over at Bella, "can I tell you something?"

"Of course," she dropped her hands by her side and turned her body to Bella, "what's up?"

"Edward asked me to marry him," she breathed, and Eleanor gasped.

"What?!"

The vampires turned to look at Eleanor, confused as to why she was all of a sudden shouting. A red blush crept up her neck and onto her face in embarrassment. "Sorry," she said, sheepishly.

Carlisle rolled his eyes with a light chuckle, shaking his head at the actions of his mate.

Eleanor turned back to Bella, speaking quieter this time, "what'd you say?"

"I haven't gave him an answer," she sighed.

"Wha-," Bella slapped her hand over Eleanor's mouth, "right sorry."

Before she could say another word, a twig snapped in the woods. The pack emerged from the trees, all in their wolf forms. Eleanor waved at all the boys, and Leah.

"They don't trust us enough to be in their human forms," Rose scoffed.

Eleanor pushed off the jeep, and went to stand beside Carlisle, "they're here, Rose. That's all that matters."

Rose just smiled at Carlisle's mate, before taking her spot beside Emmett.

"Will you translate?" Carlisle asked Edward, and the boy nodded.

Edward moved up beside Carlisle and Eleanor, and Carlisle began to speak, "welcome. Jasper has experience with newborns. He'll teach us how to defeat them."

"They want to know how newborns differ from us," Edward told Carlisle after reading Sam's mind.

"They're a great deal stronger than us, since their own human blood still lingers in their tissues. Our kind is never more physically powerful than in our first several months of this life," Eleanor listened intently. She didn't know too much about the newborns - only that they were creating an army.

"Carlisle's right," Jasper spoke, stepping away from Alice, "that's why they are created. A newborn army doesn't need thousands like a human army. And no human army could stand against them. There are two very important things to remember. First, never let them get their arms around you. They'll crush you instantly."

He stopped walking once he reached Emmett, "second, never go for the obvious kill. They'll be expecting that and you'll lose."

Jasper sped away from Emmett, and to the other side of the clearing, "Emmett? Don't hold back."