⭐ That's What A Wife Does | Bruce Banner

Bruce has been so distant lately. He flinched everytime you wanted to touch him. Even with a hold of a hand, he woud pull away from you.

You knew he was feeling guilty. He just wanted to keep you safe. But it was an accident, once, but he was terrified that he might hurt you again.

But that day you had enough. You needed to talk to him. He wasn't going to hurt you--- you trusted him.

"Bruce, please stop ignoring me."

You pleaded. He paced back and forth in the room, clearly uncomfortable with your presence.

"Y/N, I don't want to hurt you again."

He explained. But you knew Bruce wasn't hurting you. It wasn't him, it was the other guy. He wasn't meant to do it.

"No, Bruce. I'm your wife! No matter what happen, I'll be here with you, loving you."

You tried to reach out for him but he backed away. Your heart clenched at the thought of your husband didn't want to be touch by you, his wife.

"I--- I can't do this, Y/N. Hurting you has been in my nightmares every night and I don't want that to happen. I love you and I want you to be safe."

He was desperate for you understand him but it seems like you were not going to. He sighed heavily.

"I'm sorry for doing this. Maybe you shouldn't have married me, Y/N."

He blurted out. Your face dropped as he said that. You couldn't believe that he was regretting this marriage.

Your marriage with him was the best thing that ever happened to you and you were proud to call yourself Mrs Banner. But now he was saying otherwise.

"I love you and I want to be with you. You don't have to regret this marriage, Bruce."

You stated sternly. Bruce ran his hand through his hair and groaned. He was getting tired of arguing but he knew soon or later, you both will talk about this matter.

"I'd never regret this marriage. But you--- you deserved better---"

You stomped towards him and pulled him in for a kiss, shutting him up for good. When you pulled away, tears welled in your eyes as you looked into his glassy eyes.

"I love you, Brucie. Nothing's gonna change that. And I love the Hulk too."

You grinned. Bruce's lips curled up into a smile. He pressed a gentle kiss on your cheek.

"I'm so sorry, sweetheart."

You chuckled and nodded at him.

"Just please do not avoid me again."

"I won't."