⭐ Miracle | Carlton Drake

angst + fluff
-

You woke up without him by your side. That was expected. With a sigh, you sat up on the bed, looking at the empty space beside you. Tears gathered in your eyes as loneliness started to wrap around your fragile heart.

You knew you signed up for this when you started dating Carlton Drake. You were aware that he won't always be by your side when said you yes as he proposed to you. Now you had been married to him for almost four years, you were used to this cycle. You won't be seeing him as often as other married couples did.

But you loved him, and you knew that he loved you too. He didn't need to be here to tell you that and you already knew. You always had been special in his eyes. You were the only one who belonged in Carlton's heart.

Carlton spent most of his time for Life Foundation, he almost forgot about his beautiful wife at home. But he knew she was waiting for him. The thought of seeing her after a long day was what kept him going.

He knew she was hurting. He noticed the look in her eyes when he needed to get back to work and had to leave her. She never said it, but Carlton knew that she was devastated whenever he was away.

You were waiting for your husband to come home while reading in bed. Your eyes were begging for you to sleep but you fought it. That was until the words were blurry and you knew you needed sleep. You put the book on the table next to the bed and started to doze off.

Carlton walked into his shared bedroom with you, a fatigue expression was clear on his face. But his burden lifted off his shoulders when he saw you, sleeping peacefully in bed. A faint smile decorated his handsome face and he made his way towards you.

He didn't even mind to change his clothes or take a shower when he heard you soft snoring, almost inaudible if he wasn't in bed with you. He wrapped an arm around you, spreading his warmth to you.

His heart was aching at the thought of you being alone most of the time, while he should be accompanying you. He was supposed to be there for you. But his work was saying otherwise.

Carlton let out a wistful sigh when he realised that he had been a bad husband for you. He wasn't there on your wedding anniversary, and also your birthday because of his work. But never did once you mentioned it to him in anguish.

But you, you were always there for him. During his birthday, you even brought the celebration at the Life Foundation. Everyone was in awe to see the side of him when he was with you, that he had never shown anybody else. They all noticed the happiness that you were bringing to Carlton Drake.

He was lucky to have you, he thought everyday.

He chuckled softly when you snuggled into his chest, smiling sleepily but still didn't open your eyes. He wondered what you were dreaming. He hoped you had a dream about him. He kissed your head and guilt attacked his heart at the thought of you being so gentle and loving towards him.

While others had been pestering him about how their wives or husbands were mad at them for being at work more than at home, he couldn't quite believe them because he had never face that kind of situation with you.

You never brought the topic of his work while he was home, you just savoured those moments and made him realised how much he loved you. In this world fulled of tormenting things, he was beyond happy to have you in his life. You were in miracle in his living life of hell. His beautiful angel.

Carlton smiled when he remembered you had never texted him while he was at work just to ask when he would be home or why he was out for work so late, but you texted or called him just to remind him to eat and take a good care of himself. His heart swelled and he knew you loved him just as much as he loved you. You understood he was a busy man, and you just wanted him to be healthy and safe wherever he was.