⭐ Loving You From Afar | Bruce Banner

Requested by @LashtonID
Thank you for requesting!

Based on a prompt:
60. "I lost my sunshine. Did you see him?"

-

You sighed when you looked at your boyfriend, who was reading in the living room. He looked as if he was into the words of the book, but you knew him too well that he wasn't.

His eyes were glued on the papers, but his mind was far beyond your reach. Let alone his heart. His feelings were unknown to you now, since Thanos. You knew he was worried for everyone, for you. But he won't talk to you.

Whenever you tried to help him, he would only give you a small smile and push you away. You knew he was dejected, but you wanted him to know that you were always there with him.

You let him be and went to your shared room. You bit your lip to prevent yourself from crying your eyes out. Tears welled in your eyes when you realised that his side on the bed was empty for many nights now.

He wouldn't come to bed with you. He didn't even look at you with his loving gaze anymore. It seemed like he had no time to even think about you. Your bed was cold without him, and he didn't even know that he was making you upset.

Your eyes landed on a portrait of you and him, hanging on the wall. A sad smile was painted your face. You missed him so much. He was there with you, but it seemed like he was far away.

It was as if you were loving him from afar and he didn't even know it. If he did know it, he just chose to shrug it off.

You stood up and walked out of the room. A frown appeared on your face when you didn't see him in the living room. You breathed in relief when you saw him standing in the balcony, his back was facing you.

"Brucieee!"

You tried to cheer him up, wrapping your arms around him from behind. You felt he tensed a bit when you touched him. He chuckled half-heartedly and turned you around to look at him.

"What is it, Y/N?"

He asked with a small smile, trying to mask his pain with a fake joy. 'What is it, you ask me? You've been in your own world for so long!', you thought. But you loved him too much to say it out loud. He couldn't hide his devastation from you.

"I lost my sunshine. Did you see him?"

You tilted your head a bit and smiled sweetly at the scientist. Bruce's heart swelled in happiness with your act, his mind was getting what you were trying to say. You put your hands on his chest and looked him in the eyes.

"Did you, Bruce?"

You whispered softly. Guilt washed over him as he realised that he was avoiding you, ignoring you while you were the only miracle that ever happened to him. You were the love of his life, the sweetest person he had ever met.

"Yes."

He said before leaning in to kiss you. But you beat him to it and pulled him down by the collar of shirt, pressing your lips against his hungrily and passionately. Tears pooled in his eyes as he deepened the kiss, pulling you closer into his loving arms. He missed you, and yet he only realised it now.

Oh, how he had been ignorant towards his beautiful angel. The only person that kept him alive and living in these glum days. He was going to make it up now.

"Your sunshine is back."

He whispered against your lips, breathing heavily. You chuckled and pecked his cheek. He caressed your face softly and planted a longing kiss on your forehead.

"And he's not going anywhere."

You smiled, knowing that your Bruce was there with you. He was there to stay, and never left.

-
short and sweet!
what do you think of this?

please leave a vote and comments.