⭐ One Call Away | Tony Stark

Right now you were at you mother's house, as you needed to take care of your mother. She was not feeling well and as a good daughter, you felt the responsibility was on you.

Since your father passed away two years ago, your mother has lost the light in her life--- that was what she used to say.

Your father's death burned a hole in your heart too, but you knew it done worse for your mother. You knew your parents so well; they did everything together, through ups and downs. So you could understood why your mother was so depressed.

But as a strong woman as she was, she rised. She smiled as always but it didn't reach her eyes. She pretended that the absence of your father was nothing even if it hurt her the most.

And now whenever she was sick, you will be by her side to take care of her because your father wasn't there anymore to do so.

It was not like you had something better to do.

A call brought you back to the reality and a smile was brought upon your face as you saw the name on your phone screen. You quickly answered the call.

"Hello, Tony."

"Hi, sweetheart. I miss you!"

He whined. You chuckled but deep down in your heart, you just wanted to cry. You missed your husband so much.

"I miss you too, honey. How are you doing without me?"

You tried to sound calm, but Tony could sensed the sadness in your voice. He sighed heavily.

"Two days without you? Y/N, I'm dying."

You grinned and shook your head at his words.

"Aww, Tony. Don't be like that. I'll be back soon. I promise you."

He groaned.

"I wish I could be there with you, Y/N. But those stupid meetings that I can't avoid--- I'm so sorry, sweetheart that I can't be there for you."

You smiled.

"You'll always be here with me, Tony. You're always in my heart."

A smile creeped out on his face as you said that. Tony wanted nothing more than to have you in his arms right now, but he knew that you had other responsibilities too.

"I love you so much, Y/N."

Your smile dropped as the thought clouded your mind. What if one day you lost your husband just like how your mother lost your father?

"Anthony, I love you too. I can't live without you. Please don't ever leave me."

Your voice cracked. Perhaps you missed him too much until worries and fear kept battling in your heart.

"Y/N, love, you know I will never leave you. Why are you saying things like this?"

Tony was worried. You took a deep breathe and smiled even if Tony couldn't see you.

"I was just--- I was just thinking."

"About what?"

Tony asked worriedly. He knew you were a sensitive person, and you only opened up to him.

"About my mother. Since my father is gone, I thought about how she's keep on moving with life. I know it is hard, but she tries."

You blinked a tear and wiped it right away.

"I don't know why, but I'm scared. Tony, I'm afraid of what will happen if you're gone. I'm not as strong as her, and you are my strength. Maybe I'm just overreacting because I miss you but whatever it is, please, promise me that you won't leave."

You were crying, and little did you know that Tony was in tears too. But he won't let it show in his voice as he speaks to you.

"I love you, Y/N. 'Till death do us part; that was I promised you and now, I promise you the same. But death, we cannot avoid it if the time comes. But I do hope we will go together so any of us won't suffer alone."

It was weird for him to say something meaningful like that. But he couldn't imagine a life without you, too. He would be a mess and it'll killed him.

"I'm sorry if I upset you, Tony."

You apologized. Guilt washed over you when you heard sadness laced in his voice. He chuckled slightly on the other side.

"You could never upset me, sweetheart."

Now, it was turn for you to chuckle.

"God, Tony! If you're here, I could just kiss you right now. You're too sweet."

"Honey, you don't know how bad I want to kiss you right now. Don't tempt me, Y/N."

His words made you laughed. He grinned, finally he could make you laughed. He hated to know that you were miles away from him and cried but he wasn't there to wipe away your tears.

"It's late now. Why don't you go to sleep? I'm sure you have a long day tomorrow."

You suggested. Tony sighed and you knew the answer right away.

"Stark, when I'm not there with you, doesn't mean that you don't have to sleep and spend all time in your lab."

You scolded him playfully, a smirk painted on your face. Tony laughed at your words.

"Stark, you know that only you could force me to go to bed. Only you, Mrs Stark."

He said, sweetly at you. A blush creeped out on your face everytime he called you with that name.

"I'll call Bruce and ask him to force you to sleep."

Tony rolled his eyes even if you couldn't see him.

"No, not Bruce. He doesn't get to tell me what to do."

You laughed.

"Oh, trust me, Anthony. Bruce is my best friend. He would do anything for me."

"Sweetheart, Bruce is my buddy too."

You smiled genuinely.

"I know he is. Now, do not give me excuses. Go to sleep, Tony."

You said sternly. You weren't sure if he was going to listen or not. But you were sleepy already.

"Goodnight, Y/N. I love youuuuu---"

You laughed.

"Yes, Tony. I love you more."

"That's impossible."

"It is possible. Now, sleep."

He pretended to be hurt by the way you talked to him.

"You don't want to talk to me any longer? How could you, Y/N?"

"Believe me, I could. Goodnight, my darling. I love you."

Tony smirked.

"Dream of me, love."

You slept that night soundly. And yes, Tony was in your dream. You couldn't wait to be back in your husband's arms. But you knew he was just one call away.