⭐ Heaven in Hell | Carlton Drake

Requested by @VioletMCooper

-

"I'm sorry but I have to go."

You started to tear up when he unwrapped his arms around you, your body already missed his familiar warmth. He was near with you but he seemed so far. So far beyond your reach.

"Carlton.."

Your voice cracked, calling out his name oh so gently, hoping that he would understand how much it was affecting you. Your husband turned to look at you, his eyes were glassy.

"Please don't go.."

You pleaded, a lone tear rolled down upon your cheek. You knew if he goes, he might not come back to you. You weren't ready to lose him. You loved your husband too much to live without him.

"You know I can't do that."

His words shattered your fragile heart. You let him planted a kiss on your forehead before leaving you there. What you could do was only cry, when he turned into something else that you didn't recognise.

It wasn't your husband anymore.

It wasn't your Carlton Drake.

You lost him.

As much as you hated to do it, you saw your husband died by your very own eyes. You were aware that he loved you, but now, you weren't so sure. He was gone, and half of your soul was brought along with him.

A gasp escaped your throat and your eyes peeled open in shock. You sat up in realisation and noticed that you were in your bed. You let out a relieved sigh when you realised that it was only a nightmare.

Soon then you realised that you were alone in bed without Carlton. Panic rushed to your chest, suffocating you and you looked around for the love of your life.

"Carl?"

Your voice was hoarse, you cleared your throat and quickly jumped out of the bed. You tried to calm yourself down but worry was clouded your mind as you couldn't find him.

"Carlton!"

You walked out of the bedroom, tears boiled in your eyes. You wrapped your arms around yourself, chewing on your lips to prevent yourself from breaking into tears.

"Carlton, please.."

You almost whimpered, fear was crawling through your chest. You eyes grew wide when you saw your beloved husband walked out of the kicthen, oblivious of your fear of losing him.

Carlton smiled at you, but a frown took over his handsome face when he saw tears pooled in your eyes. You ran into his strong arms and cried, looking for his comfort and protection.

"Y/N, darling.. What's wrong?"

You shook your head. Worry washed over him when you started to sob. He scooped you in his arms and carried you to the bedroom, thinking why were you crying so hard in the middle of the night.

He put you down on the bed gently, his eyes never leaving your shaking form. He wrapped an arm around you, pulling you closer to him. He continued to soothe you, assuring you he was there and nothing could harm you.

Little did he knew you were worried about his safety, not yours.

"Please don't ever leave me."

Carlton's heart almost broke at how vulnerable you sounded. Your eyes pleaded at him, tears welled in them and he hated to see you cry.

"I will never leave you, Y/N. Do you want to tell me something?"

He asked, a soft smile ghosted on his lips. You clung onto him like he was your only lifeline, his warmth comforted you in a way that others couldn't.

"I.. I had a bad dream."

You almost cringe at how bad it sounded because you would look like a crying kid because of a nightmare. But Carlton gave you a nod, urging you to continue.

"I saw you die.. It happens because of the experiment that you're doing now at Life Foundation."

Your lips quivered, just thinking about it could makes you felt the grief.

"You leave me. I try to stop you but you can't stay with me. You've changed and... And then I lose you."

You looked down, fiddling with your fingers. Carlton took your hands in his bigger ones, forcing you to look him in the eyes.

"I love you, Y/N."

He whispered softly, making a small smile appeared on your face. Your fear was decreasing, now that you were safe in his loving arms.

"It's dangerous. Please stop this madness, Carlton. "

You looked at him with your luminous eyes. Carlton bit his lip and sighed. He was getting an odd feeling that you were right. He hated to admit it but your fear was scaring him.

"I.. I can't, Y/N. This is for our future, our---"

"There will be no 'our' once you're gone, Carl. And I'm not ready for that."

That was it. His heart shattered into pieces and he quickly engulfed you in a hug, kissing your head softly. You were right. He wasn't ready to live without you either.

"Please think about us. I don't want to lose you."

You let your tears fell, but your husband was quick to wipe them away. A sad smile decorated his face and he kissed your lips tenderly.

"You will not lose me."

He whispered, as he laid you down in bed. He sat beside you, shielding you from any nightmares that were going to come. You were worried, but you knew he was going to make a better decision.

You started to doze off when Carlton looked away from you, hot tears filled his eyes. He took a deep breathe and nodded, a big decision was made.

A decision that would change his life but also yours. He knew he had to do this not just for you, but also for him. He loved you, and that was the only thing mattered now.

The project was just one of many important things in his life. But you, you were the most important person in his life. You were his heaven, and he would never let his heaven live in a life of hell.

If that was what makes you happy,

He was ready to cancel it all.

-

Thank you for this sweet request!

P.S
Please take a note, that I do not take all requests. I choose them for I do not want to disappoint you if I did write them horribly. So I try my best and only write things that I believe I can, and I have to reject requests that I can't.

I hope you will understand :)

Thank you for reading!