⭐ Not Him, But Me! | Steve Rogers

Requested by @irewsylvia
Thank you for requesting!

Based on prompts:
79. "I treat her like a princess and she doesn't even notice me."
81. "He doesn't love you but I do!"

-

Steve watched as you and Tony worked together in the lab. Well, it seemed like you didn't work much. You were busy talking and laughing with Tony, you looked so comfortable and joyful with the billionaire.

Steve really liked you, to a degree that he was sure that he was falling in love with you. You were beautiful, smart and you were the sweetest person he had ever met. Just by a glance, he fell head over heels for you.

He tried to show you hints, that he liked you and he would love to call you his but you didn't see them. Perhaps you did, but you just chose to ignore them. That would hurt him the most.

But Steve was still trying to make you see that his heart was yours. He won't give up now.

"Good morning, Y/N."

Steve greeted, a broad smile was plastered on his face when you walked into the dining room for breakfast. You looked as beautiful as always, capturing his eyes and heart.

"Morning, Steve! You look so happy today."

You stated, smiling at the Super Soldier. He had always been so friendly with you, more than he was with the others so sometimes it occured to you why would he be so nice.

"Perhaps he's just happy to see you, Lady Y/N."

Thor said, grinning at you. Steve glared at the God of Thunder. He thought you would notice his feeling for you after what Thor said, but you just shrugged it off.

"Well, I'm happy to see you, Thor."

You chuckled. Thor responded with a laugh before he continued to eat his breakfast. Steve raised his eyebrows when you sat next to Tony, like always.

Steve wondered what did Tony do until you were so fond of him. Tony didn't greet you like he did, but why would you still sit next to him? You ate your breakfast in silence. Steve had lost his appetite, he could feel his feeling for you was growing stronger by days. You didn't get to finish your breakfast when Tony stood up.

"Let's go, Y/N. We've got work to do."

He said, gesturing you to eat your breakfast faster. You knew Tony would wait for you in his lab, but you didn't like to make him wait so you stood up as well, your breakfast was long forgotten.

"I'm ready!"

Tony smirked at your enthusiasm. He loved working with you because of it. You would neglect everything just for work. But while working, he also could chat with you like friends. It wouldn't hurt if he say that you were his best friend.

"You barely eat your breakfast, Y/N."

Steve pointed out. Tony frowned slightly at the Super Soldier. You were surprised, he had never mind about what you eat or how you eat before.

"I'm sorry?"

"This is not healthy for you. Tony, can you please wait until she finishes her breakfast?"

Your eyes widen and Tony looked at you, a smirk was dancing on his lips. You moved your gaze towards Steve.

"That is very unusual of you, Rogers."

You said, a fake smile was plastered on your face. You had to admit, that was kind of controlling of him. You had right to eat or not.

"Thank you for your concern but I'm full."