⭐ Time Will Tell | Stephen Strange

Requested by @an_136
Thank you for requesting!

Based on prompts:
35. "Stay with me. I promise you a lifetime filled with everlasting joy and happiness."
90. "You and me. We were made to be together."

-

You looked at him with your watery eyes, a sad smile was displayed on your lovely face. Stephen squeezed your shoulders and held back his tears. He wouldn't cry for something simple, but you weren't simple. You meant the world to him.

"Stephen, please.."

Your voice cracked, betraying your mind who told you to pull yourself together and get over this. Stephen shook his head and he was trying to pull you into his arms, but you were quick to put your hands on his broad chest and pushed him away.

"I have to go, Stephen---"

"Stay with me, Y/N."

You frowned slightly at the vulnerability that he was showing you. His eyes were filled with undeniable pain to know that you were leaving him.

"Stephen, we can't be together."

It was hurtful, but you had to say it. His breathe hitched, and his hold on you loosened. Your heart almost break when you saw his face fell.

"Don't you love me, Y/N?"

His voice was laced with both disappoinment and hope. You took a sharp breathe and smiled sadly at the Sorcerer Supreme.

"I do. I love you so much and that is the problem."

You and him both knew what was happening to your relationship. But Stephen seemed like he didn't care about it at all.

"I'm a distraction to you, Stephen."

You hated to admit it but it was the truth. He has never mentioned it before but you knew you were a distraction. Stephen, a Sorcerer Supreme, didn't need a distraction in his hectic life. You were basically was going to make someone realise his weakness.

"No, you're not."

Yes, he was lying. You were a distraction. You weren't wrong about it. But you were a good distraction. When the world was crumbling in front of his eyes, he saved it, and when he came home he got to see you. He got to hold the love of his life in his arms, knowing that you were safe and sound.

You distracted him, yes. But you distracted him from his job when he needed it. Your radiant smile lifted up the burden on his shoulders. He always thought of giving up but when he heard your sweet voice, he knew everything was going to be alright.

"You're lying, Stephen. I am a distraction."

A tear rolled down your cheek but Stephen quickly wiped it away with his thumb. His heart was aching when he saw you were crying.

"Please do not cry, Y/N. We--- We can solve this together."

He was panicked, so afraid if you might leave him for real. Only you had ever seen him like this, so vulnerable and scared like a little child--- all because of you were planning on leaving him. 

"Please forgive me, Stephen but I have to go."

You were sobbing now. Stephen's eyes grew wide and he shook his head violently. His heart thumped against his chest like a drum when he realised that you were leaving him.

"Stay with me. I promise you a lifetime filled with everlasting joy and happiness."

He made a promise, taking your hands in his bigger ones. You sniffed and kissed the back of his hands softly.

"But this isn't just about me. It's about the world."

You spoke. When he didn't say anything, only looking down at his shoes, you continued:

"Time will tell if we were made for each other."

You whispered softly, a small smile found its way on your face. Stephen nodded weakly, accepting your request. If you wanted to leave him and let time tells, then so be it.

"I know we'll meet again, Y/N. I just know."

Stephen believed in time, he knew someday he would meet you again. He wanted you to realise that he was made for you as you were made for him. You both would only be complete with each other.

Five years, he waited for you. No, he also searched for you but he never found you. He almost give up, perhaps fate was toying with his delicate feeling. He let himself fall for Christine, but he couldn't. He was only lying at himself. He couldn't love anyone else but you.

Only you, his Y/N.

He was whole again when he finally met you. But he thought he would meet you in a coffee shop, or a library, perhaps a bookstore or down the street.

But no, fate was pulling him into a cruel path again. He met you during an attack in the city, you were in a building that was falling apart, your leg was injured and you couldn't run out of the building.

"Y/N."

Your name was like a spell that he casted from his kissable lips, poisoning your lonely heart with undying love. You cried when he picked you up in his arms, careful not to hurt you even more.

"Thank you, Stephen."

You said, while he was taking you to the safety. Stephen groaned, that wasn't what he wanted to hear from you. But he just let it be and he needed to take you out of the building safely.

Time has showed you the truth. Stephen has found you in a very not so romantic moment, but you knew it was meant to be. So when everything was fine and safe, you weren't hesitated to pull him in for a longing kiss.

Stephen was flabbergasted, as he was ready to hear that you loved him before a kiss but he just played along and kissed you back with just as much as passion that you got.

"I love you."

You breathed out. Stephen grinned and rested his forehead against yours.

"That's what I wanted to hear. I love you so much."

You smiled and nodded. He wrapped his arms around your waist and sighed in content.

"You and me. We were made to be together."

You chuckled softly, trying to hide the rosy blush on your face and buried your face into his chest.

"You're not wrong, Stephen."

His laughs vibrated in his chest. You looked up at him and smiled. You couldn't believe it. Time wasn't unfair to you, you just had to be patient. And with a little bit of trust, what you wanted the most would come.

"Time has told us to be together."

He planted a kiss on your forehead. His warmth was engulfing you in a good feeling that you haven't felt for these five tormenting years without him.

Time had never been cruel.

-
Thank you for reading!
Please leave a vote and comments.