⭐ The Underrated Heartache | Peter Parker

You never thought that it would hurt so much.

You never knew that it made your heart broke in two and felt as if your heart was crashing to the ground.

You never felt this disappointed and sad before. This was new, and you hated it.

People told you that losing a lover would hurt so much. It left you with a longing soul and a broken heart. Some people said that your heart cannot be mend again.

But your story was different.

You faced a few breakups before. They hurt you, but you swallowed the pain and it was easier than this. You still could smiled and laughed.

But this was a completely different case.

You lost a best friend.

Peter Parker, your best friend since you were a little girl--- has left. He broke your friendship just like that.

"Y/N, I--- I cannot go through this friendship anymore."

"Why? Peter, how could you break this?"

You started to tear up. Peter sighed and rubbed his forehead. He looked you in the eyes and you saw annoyance.

"I don't know. Maybe I'm different now and you have no use for me."

His words drowned you in a sea of tears. You couldn't believe what was happening. You wanted to cry and scream at him but you kept your back straight.

"We've been friends for years, Peter. Now you said I have no use for you? What makes you think like this? Why do you change?"

You asked coldly. Peter scoffed and looked away from you, only making your heart shattered even more.

"People change, Y/N. It's time for me to shine and you, bring no good in that change."

He spat. You frowned and shook your head in disbelief. This wasn't Peter Parker that you knew. He was so different.

"We're not friends anymore, Y/N. I hope you can accept the truth."

He said before walking away from you, and from your life. You were still shocked and was taken aback with what happened. He left you.

You bit your lips and a sob escaped your quivering lips. Tears streamed down your face as you tried to breathe. It was hard for you.

Breakup was hard, but you went through many of them with Peter by your side. He comforted you and wiped your tears away. He made you laugh and did everything to make you smile.

Now Peter was gone.

People didn't know that losing a friend was just as hard as losing a lover. It sent daggers pierced through your heart and venom poisoned your aching soul.

It hurts so much. And he wasn't there to heal you.

You didn't know where you were wrong in your friendship until he wouldn't want to be friends with you no more.

Were you too annoying? Were you too clingy? Were you too stubborn? Or perhaps he has met another friend who was better than you?

You kept questioning yourself, doubting that you will ever get a best friend like Peter. He was one in a million. Who always stick by your side and never left— that was until he really left.

Broken relationship always will be the main heartache that people would talk about. They never realized that broken friendship could hurt too. The heartache was as painful as the former, but it was overly underrated.

Until you felt it. 

-
short. inspired by a poem by rupi kaur (if i'm not mistaken.)

thank you for reading!