⭐ If You Need Me | Tony Stark

It all started when there was an unexpected knock on your bedroom door. It startled you a bit and you wondered who could be knocking on your door at 2 a.m. You shut the book that you were reading and put it on the table.

"Tony?"

A frown took over your face when you saw the billionaire in front of you. Cold sweat formed on his skin and he was trembling. You turned into your protective mode when you saw tears in his eyes.

"It's okay, Tony. I'm here."

You said, letting him in your room. You shut the door with an inaudible click and sat with Tony in your bed. His eyes were red and puffy.

"Y/N, I'm a mess. Why are you still by my side?"

His voice cracked as he looked you in the eyes. You kissed his cheek softly and gave him a smile.

"I'll be by your side to chase your nightmares away. Always."

You said, squeezing his hand to assure him that you were there for him. Tony buried his face in the crook of your neck, tears streamed down his face as he let his walls crumbled.

"You deserve a better man, Y/N not a pathetic person like me. You should've walk away---"

"Stop talking and let me hold you."

You shut him up for good, running your fingers through his hair. Tony let out a content sigh and a smile cracked on his lips as your touch comforted him.

"I love you, Tony. If you need me, wherever you are, I'll be right there."

You whispered into his ears, wrapping your arms around him. Tony nodded weakly at your words. He needed you, he always did.

You promised that you would be there for him. No matter how hard things got. You would stay by his side through his ups and downs. Your heart was his, and that was all mattered.

Even when the world was against him, even if everyone was putting the blame on him--- You were there for him.

"It's all my fault, Y/N! The mission won't failed if I wasn't careless."

He was pacing back and forth, guilt was clear in his eyes when he looked at you. You walked over towards him and caressed his face gently.

"Stop blaming yourself, Tony."

Your soft voice comforted him, and he smiled at your touch. He kissed your hand and slowly, he calmed down.

"I was wrong, sweetheart. Everyone is blaming me."

Your heart broke when you saw tears in his eyes. This man was doing everything he could to be the hero that the world wanted, and yet, sometimes he could not give what they wanted and they turned against him.

"I'm not blaming you."

"You're--- You're different, Y/N."

He shook his head and looked away from you. You frowned at his words.

"You don't understand what I'm going through."

He said, without realising that he was hurting your feelings. Once he did realise it, he quickly took your hands in his and kissed your knuckles.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean it that way."

You silenced him by pressing your lips against his. He kissed you back immediately, wrapping his arms around your waist.

"I might not understand every thing but I'll be by your side if you need me, Tony."

Your kind and loving words made his heart swelled in happiness. He smiled and pulled you into his warm embrace. Somehow in this tormenting world, he found his home when he was with you.