⭐ True Love Is Violent | Steve Rogers

Please listen to True Love Is Violent by Allie X to get the vibes!

-

Steve looked at you, sadness clear in his eyes as he couldn't hide it anymore. Truly, he loved you, more than anything else in this world. He was patient with you, keeping up with your arrogance and your hardheaded attitude but he couldn't handle you anymore.

Sometimes it felt like he was in love with your shadow, and you didn't even exists. You once stated he was the most important person in your life, but your acts showed him otherwise. And he was tired.

"Do you even care about me, Y/N?"

The question slipped out of his mouth, alerting you that he was disappointed in you. But being an unbending person you were, you raised your eyebrows and crossed your arms against your chest.

"Of course, I do! The question is, do you care about me?"

You raised your voice, not wanting to be the inferior in this argument. Steve sighed, tears flooded his vision and he knew he couldn't change you.

He loved you, for you. He never wanted to change you but sometimes he hoped you would realize that you hurt him everyday and never once did you open your eyes to see it.

"I love you, Y/N."

His voice cracked, showing how vulnerable he was with you. You dropped your hands and looked away from him, unable to keep your gaze on your boyfriend.

"I love you so much. But now I feel like I'm losing you."

It was true. His words pierced through your heart but you were too numb to feel the pain. You chuckled bitterly and shook your head.

"You are the one who keep leaving for missions. Not even once, you care about how much I worry about you."

You said angrily, glaring daggers at him. You expected him to defend himself, yelling and screaming at you but what he did surprised you. He just smiled sadly, he never thought the woman that he loved was like this.

"I admit it, I'm busy with those missions but it is my job, Y/N. But you.. I don't want to say this but now you forced me to. I worry about you in every second of my life, Y/N."

Steve couldn't hold it back any longer. He needed to get it out of his chest, letting you know how much you had hurt him.

"I know you're still young, you're beautiful and smart but don't you dare to toy with my heart. You get drunk every weekend with your friends, almost getting yourself killed that one night if I wasn't early enough to save you."

A wince escaped your lips when he reminded you of that night. The night when you were careless enough, letting yourself became the target of the thugs. Luckily, Steve was quick to come and get you. If it wasn't because of him, you were already dead.

"I was scared, Y/N. I was scared that I might lose you. But you didn't care about me that much, do you? Never once did you say you love me. Just to hurt me even further, you ignored my phone calls when I needed you the most. But when you need me, I always come to you and comfort you."

Steve hated to do this, but he had to remind you that you were treating him badly. And it had to stop. Tears blurred your vision but you kept them at bay.

"You will never admit this but you need me  to make your decisions. You aren't sure what is wrong and what is right for you. You rely on me, Y/N and you know it. But is it that hard for you to show that you love me?"

Your heart was starting to break, your lips quivered and you knew you were going to cry. Steve walked closer to you, forcing you to look him in the eyes. He hoped that you would see, how much he loved you, and if you didn't he might leave.