⭐ War | Thor

You sighed deeply as you looked out the window. The beauty of Asgard always caught you in awe. Since you were married to Prince Thor, you left Midgard to stay here with your beloved husband.

Being a Midgardian, everything here was amazing to you. The people, the cultures, the manners and so many more things that made you excited to be here. You were eager to learn their ways.

But you were still getting used to living as a princess. You were still not used to have maids to do work for you. You also had your responsibilities as a princess. Luckily, Frigga was always there to guide you. She was a very kind person.

Everything was perfect.

But you also had to face a day like today. The day when Thor met you at the balcony and you knew just by the look in his eyes that something was wrong.

"Thor, do you have something to tell me?"

You asked and put a hand on his face. He leaned in towards your touch and sighed. His strong arms wrapped around your waist and he rested his chin on the top of your head.

He started to tell you everything. He knew you would feel dejected. You forced his eyes to meet yours. He saw tears brimmed in your eyes but there was nothing he could do.

"A war?"

"Y/N, princess, I have to---"

He stopped talking when a sob escaped your lips. Thor's heart almost broke at the sound of your cry. He had never made you cry before. It was the first time he saw you cried because of him.

"Forgive me, my love. Please forgive me."

He said before he pulled you into his arms and you cried into his chest. He hushed you and the guilt was wrapping his heart.

"I--- I'm afraid of losing you, Thor. I don't want you to get hurt."

Your voice cracked. Thor caressed your face in his hands and kissed your forehead lovingly before looking into your beautiful eyes.

"No, you'll never lose me. I promise you that."

He said, even if he wasn't sure about that. But he knew he wanted to come home to you after the war ends. He loved you so dearly.

"I can't let you leave."

"I have to, princess." 

"No, you don't have to!"

He smiled sadly at you and shook his head. You knew it was his responsibility. You couldn't stop him.

"I'm so sorry, Thor. I know you have to go, and I--- I'm not supposed to stop you. I have to support you."

You said, trying to hide your pain. Thor smiled softly at your words. He knew you were trying to be a good wife to him. Even if you didn't try at all, you were already the best wife in his eyes. You've completed him.

"Please be safe, my love. I'll always think of you."

You whispered softly, a small smile was brought upon your face. Thor felt the burden on his shoulder was lifted a bit when he had your support.

"I love you, Y/N."

"I love you too."

Days passed by and you spent your everyday worrying about your husband. You knew he was a warrior, a prince that had so much experience in fighting but still you were worried.

The only thing that was distracting you from thinking about Thor was talking to Frigga. She understood how you feel. So whenever she saw sadness upon your face, she would start a conversation with you that usually brought a smile upom your face.

"Do not worry, my child. He will come back to you. He will be alright."

She said at one point, knowing that you missed Thor so much. You kept your tears at bay and nodded weakly.

"I know he will, mother. He promised me."

You said, a smile was painted on your face. You continued your days as usual. You kept learning about Asgard and did your duties as a princess. But your mind always wandered to think about Thor.

The day you heard they were coming back, your happiness was beyond words. When it was confirmed that they came back from the war safely by the Allfather, you quickly went outside the palace to meet your husband.

Your eyes searched for your husband but you panicked when you couldn't find him. There were so many people there, all were waiting to greet the warriors that just came back from the war.

You saw families reunited again, happiness was as clear as the sky in Asgard that day. Your eyes landed on Fandral, Volstagg, Hogun and Lady Sif. You quickly made your way towards them.

"Where is Thor?"

You asked, tears brimmed in your eyes when you couldn't find your husband in the sea of people. They were going to say something before you heard someone called your name.

"Thor?"

You turned around and saw your husband not too far from you. A gigantic grin spreaded on his face when he saw you. You lifted the hem of your dress and ran as fast as you could towards your husband.

He opened his arms and you jumped into his arms, your legs wrapped around his waist and your arms snaked around his neck. Thor didn't wait any second to kiss your lips passionately. His strong arms were around you, showing that he was safe and sound.

When you pulled away, Thor frowned at the sight of your tears. You were crying and it hurt him. He rested your forehead against yours and hushed you.

"It's alright, princess. I'm here now, am I not?"

He smiled at you. You nodded and tightened your arms around him, not wanting to let him go anytime soon.

"Please don't leave me again."

Thor chuckled softly under his breathe. He kissed the tip of your nose.

"Even if I do, I will always come back to you."

He said, receiving a smile from you. He loved it when you smiled. Your smile was everything to him. He was grateful to hold you in his arms again. While he was at war, you were always on his mind. You were the reason for him to be safe.

"Thor really missed you, you know."

Fandral said. You and Thor both turned to look at him. A smirk was dancing on his lips. Lady Sif chuckled and nodded.

"He cried at night missing you, Y/N."

Lady Sif said, making Thor groaned. You raised your eyebrows at him and your husband shook his head violently.

"No, I didn't cry! Do not trust her."

You laughed and hit his chest playfully. You loved him so much. You would die without him.

"I don't mind if you cry though."