⭐ Not The Only One (2) | Loki

So many of you want Part Two so here it is! I never promise you a good ending, alright? ;)

-

Loki waited patiently beside you. You were lying helplessly on the hospital bed, your eyes were closed and you were unconscious. Guilt tugged on his heart as he remembered it was all his fault.

His heart sank when his mind reminded him of the disappoinment on your face when you saw him and that woman. It was too late to apologise, he had broken your heart and there was nothing he could do to turn back time.

Loki never thought you meant so much to him. He always thought that his love for you was fading away, but he was wrong. His heart was wretched when he saw you walked out of his office that night. He couldn't believe it when not so long after that, he got a call telling him that you were in a car crash and was brought to the hospital.

Days passed and you didn't even show any sign that you would wake up soon. The doctor who was assigned to help you, Dr Hiddleston saw how Loki stayed awake every night to watch you.

"She's not going to wake up anytime soon?"

One day, Loki asked the doctor. The doctor nodded weakly and put a hand on his shoulder.

"I'm so sorry. But there's still hope."

"Thank you, Dr Hiddl---"

"Call me Tom, please."

Loki gave the doctor a small smile and nodded. Tom realised that Loki really loved you. But he also noticed a woman always came to the hospital, not to visit you but to see Loki. At that, Tom was puzzled. Because everytime she came, Loki was smiling and it seemed like his burden was lifted from his shoulders. But when she left, once again Loki would sit beside you, watching and making sure that you were alive. He wanted to ask, but it was none of his business.

It was a miracle when your eyes peeled open, you were gasping for air. It felt as if a light came and brighten the room, for you had been sleeping for so long. Loki was smiling, tears pooled in his eyes when you were awake.

Tom was glad, his patient was safe. But he had to admit, you were more than a patient. He felt something, a connection with you but he knew you had Loki. He just shut his heart and forgot it.

But he was flabbergasted when you didn't want to see Loki in your room. He didn't get it, but when he saw your tears he knew you weren't kidding about it.

"I don't want to see you!"

You bellowed at Loki, tears streamed down your face. You had been unconscious, but your mind still could remember what he had done to you. He cheated on you.

"Y/N, please---"

"Leave, Loki. I don't want you here!"

You cried. Your heart was aching when you saw his face. You wanted nothing more than to stab him in the heart right now. You were so angry that you weren't thinking straight.

"Y/N, take a deep breathe. You just woke up."

You looked up and you reduced to tears when Tom was trying to calm you down. He cupped your face in his hands and you breathed properly, your rage was disappearing slowly.

"I don't want him here. Please.."

You begged at the doctor, your eyes were pleading him with so much pain that he couldn't tell the source. Loki clenched his jaw and nodded weakly. You really hated him now, he couldn't do anything about it.

"Sir, I need you to wait outside. She needs her space."

Loki's heart was heavy, but he knew if he stays you would only scream and cry even more and he wouldn't want that. He had hurt you enough, he wasn't going to hurt you any further. He nodded at the doctor's words and walked out of the room.

You watched as Loki left. Your eyes landed on the doctor who was examining you. He smiled softly at you and you returned his smile with your beautiful one.

"Thank you."

You said to him, your voice was low and soft. Tom nodded, his heart was beating rapidly against his chest. Your smile was making his heart bloomed.

Loki knew you wouldn't let him crawl back into your life. He knew you were done with him so he decided that he was done with you, too. He could be happy without you, that was what he thought.

...

Third Person P.O.V

Loki put his hands in his pockets and walked in the art gallery. He wasn't the one who understands art so much, so he despise this. But he was here to recall his memories with you.

Five years had gone by since you decided that you didn't want him in your life anymore. He apologised to you and you forgave him. But he never wanted to beg or go back into your life.

That was until he realised that the woman that had been causing a wreck in his marriage wasn't in love with him. Months after his divorce, he thought that he finally could be free with her but he was wrong.

She left, and never come back. He was alone, living in guilt and his heart was inconsolable.

Loki smiled weakly when he saw you. It seemed like in those five years, your heart didn't change a bit. You were still in love with those art even if you didn't understand them much.

Loki didn't want to be a creep, but he couldn't help but watch you. He watched as you leaned over your husband's chest, smiling at the lucky man.

A sad smile was painted on Loki's face when your husband wrapped an arm around your waist and grinned when he looked at you. You looked so happy with him, your smile was wider than when you were married with Loki.

Loki's eyes landed on your round belly. Your belly was heavy with Tom's child, making your glow showed more than ever. Loki bit his lip and looked down at his shoes.

"I love you, Tom."

Loki looked up when he heard your sweet voice. Oh, how he regretted it. He shouldn't take you for granted when those three words were only for him. You looked so in love with Tom and he was madly in love with you, too. Now Loki was too late.

He wasn't good enough for you.

He didn't love you enough.

It was his fault.

-

Sorry but I just can't let you be with a cheating husband, okay?

Please leave a vote and comments!