⭐ A Second Glance | Rhodey / Brother! Tony Stark

"Are you okay, Y/N?"

Tony asked, raising his eyebrows at you. You sighed and your eyes landed on your brother's friend who was talking to Captain America.

"This is about Rhodey?"

Your brother got more curious as he wanted to dig deeper into your mind. You glared daggers at him but he just smirked.

"Oh, I see. You like him, don't you?"

Tony guessed but he was sure that he was right. You bit your lips and nodded weakly.

"Yes, Tony. I like Rhodey very much and it hurts."

You finally got it out of your chest. Tony looked at you with wide eyes. His sister had a crush on his good friend. That was new.

"He is a good man and I'm not complaining that you like him. Then why don't you just tell him? Is it because he is my friend?"

Tony asked. He wasn't stopping you to be with the one you wanted to be with. In fact, he was happy to know that you were in good hands.

"That's the problem, Tony!"

You groaned and walked away from him. But Tony won't give up. He ran after you and was beside you in a split second.

"What's the problem, my dear Y/N?"

He whined. He knew that even you were his little sister, you were different from him. You rarely liked somebody like this, so of course he would encourage you.

"Maybe I'm a Stark. But I'm not like you, okay! I don't have the charm to make him likes me. I don't know how to give witty comments that will make him smirks or laughs. He don't even give me a second glance! I— I'm not interesting, Tony."

Your shoulders slumped as the words came out as a whisper. Tony wrapped his arms around you and kissed your head softly.

"Hey, pretty Y/N. What are you talking about?"

He said, making you looked up at him with teary eyes.

"You don't have to be me. You just have to be yourself. You're beautiful, smart and oh my god, so kind! Rhodey would totally be falling for you."

Tony encouraged you. You bit your lips and nodded at his words. Maybe he was right.

You just had to be yourself.

...

"Hey, Y/N. Enjoying the party?"

You looked up and met with a man that you had been avoiding this whole night.

"Hey, Rhodey. Not really. You know parties are for Tony but not for me."

You chuckled nervously. He stood next to you and gave you a nod.

"I know. You're so different. Sometimes I wonder how you put up with this life with him?"

Rhodey smirked. You shook your head and laughed.

"I wonder how you put up with him. I'm his sister so whatever happen I have to stick by his side. But you?"

You raised your eyebrow and smiled. You knew Rhodey was loyal to your brother. He was a really good friend.

"Perhaps there is other reason why I always want to be by his side."

Rhodey stated, his eyes searched for yours. You frowned slightly.

"What is it?"

Rhodey smiled.

"It's a who."

His smile grew wider as he leaned closer towards you. You felt butterflies in your stomach and your heart was beating rapidly.

"It's you, Y/N. I want to see you. And you'll always with Tony wherever he goes. I fall for you, Y/N Stark."

He confessed. You were at lost of words. You were shocked, and his words left you speechless.

"I think I might even love you, Y/N."

He said, a smile spreaded on his face. Tears welled in your eyes and you chuckled under breathe after realization hit you.

"I— I feel the same towards you, Rhodey. But I was too scared to admit it."

You breathed out. He grinned and pulled you into his arms. You sighed happily and for the first time, you felt safe in the arms of somebody else that wasn't your brother.

"Y/N, may I?"

His eyes moved to your lips and he asked for your permission. You giggled at his action and nodded.

He caressed your face softly and crushed his lips against yours. He snaked his arms around your waist and hummed softly. You smiled in the kiss and didn't realize that your brother was watching.

"My friend is kissing my sister!"

Tony screamed in horror, making you pulled away from Rhodey to look at him. You looked at Rhodey and you both bursted into a fit of laughter.

"You better take a good care of her, man. You break her and I'll break you."

Tony threatened him. Rhodey put his hands up and grinned.

"I promise you, Tony. I'll love her right."

Rhodey put his arm around you and Tony tried his best not to roll his eyes. He winked at you before continued to partying with the girls who swooned over him.