⭐ Let You Down | Tony Stark

Warning: Swearing

-

You stood there in the corner of the room, eyes welled with tears and your heart was aching when you looked at your husband. You had been married to him for almost three years, and he never came home like this— drunk and angry.

"Tony.."

You almost whimpered when he kept screaming at you, insults flying out of his mouth as if he was meant to hurt you emotionally. Tony was angry, mostly at himself but he just let it out on you. His drunken self was foolish enough to yell at you, his beautiful wife.

"I'm tired of this fucking life! Why do you even stay here with me? Why can't you just leave?!"

He continued to tear your fragile heart into pieces. Tony was starting to get furious now. He was hoping that you might yell at him or get upset, but you didn't. You just stood there with sadness clear in your eyes.

"Say something, Y/N! Are you that stupid until you can't even say anything to fight me?"

You swallowed and looked down. You never yelled at him, not even once. You loved this man too much to raise your voice at him.

"Please, Tony.. I love you."

It came out as a whisper, and Tony winced at the vulnerability that you were showing. But he was out of control, next thing he knew was he pushed you against the wall, his hands squeezing your shoulders that was sure would leave bruises.

"Tony, you're hurting me.."

"How can you even love someone like me, Y/N?!"

His grip on you only tightened, his eyes were flaming in anger. You had never seen him like this before. This wasn't your Tony Stark. This Tony Stark was terrifying, you cowered in fear as he raised his hand to slap you. But the pain never came.

Tears rolled down upon your face and you dropped on your knees. Tony seemed to realise that he was going to hit you, his hand dropped and a pang of guilt hit him hard as soon as he saw you crying on the floor.

"Y/N.. What--- What have I done to you?"

His voice cracked, he kneeled in front of you. He tried to touch you but you backed away from him, fear was evident in your eyes. Tony could hear his heart was breaking into two, as he realised that you were afraid of him.

"Please do not hurt me.."

A strangled sob escaped your lips and you didn't care if you sounded like a pathetic woman. For the first time, you didn't feel safe in the arms of your husband. The safest place you would ever be was changed into a dangerous territory for you now.

"I'm sorry.. I'm so sorry! I'm sorry that I let you down, Y/N.."

He apologised, tears boiled in his eyes. You cried even harder, shaking your head in disbelief. You loved him dearly, but now you didn't trust him anymore.

"I.. I need time."

You said before leaving him to your room. Tony just watched as you left, he was guilty and now he had to face the punishment. He had hurt his most precious jewel, his loving wife, who had been there for him through his ups and downs. He had broken your trust and now he had to build it up all over again.

You couldn't sleep that night. Your eyes were tired of crying and you just wanted to rest but your body was saying otherwise. Your heart was screaming for you to forgive him. You knew he didn't mean it. You knew he was mad at himself, not you.

So you didn't care what risk you might take. You went to the living room, a sad smile was displayed on your face when you saw Tony was sitting on the couch, his head in his hands and no doubt he was crying.

"Tony."

Your voice was small, afraid of what his reaction would be. Tony looked at you, his eyes were red and puffy from crying. He quickly walked towards you.

"Sweetheart, are you alright? Did I hurt you?"

His touch was as soft as a feather, afraid of hurting you even more that he already did. You gave him a comforting smile and took his hands in yours.

"Please forgive me, Y/N. Don't leave me.."

He begged, fresh tears pooled in his eyes. You nodded and wrapped your arms around his torso, your head was pressed against his chest.

"I'll always forgive you."

You whispered, letting a tear rolled down on your face. Tony wrapped his strong arms around your small frame, engulfing you in his warmth.

"I love you, Y/N.. I promise you I'll be better. I won't do the same mistake. I'm sorry."

He was genuine, you could tell. You realised this was only one of many bumps that you would face in this marriage. And you were more than willing to face them if it meant you could stay with Tony.

You loved him with all of your might and heart, no matter how many times he let you down and no matter how many time you let him down. Tony would trade the world for you, as you were his world.

-
Thank you for reading!
Please leave a vote and comments.