⭐ More Than Life | Stephen Strange

Stephen let a great tremor overtook his body, hot tears started to roll down upon his cheeks, his mind was racing and his heart was breaking. It hurt him to watch you trapped in a cell, your head was in your hands and he was sure that you were crying. He wanted to break you free, but he knew it was imprudent for him to do so.

Because it wasn't you anymore.

"I'm sure we'll find a way to help Y/N."

Stephen didn't even had to look to know that it was Bruce who was talking to him. The scientist sighed deeply when he had no answer from Stephen.

"I know you love her but---"

"You don't understand."

Stephen hissed between his gritted teeth. He turned to glare at the scientist, rage was clouding his mind. Bruce stayed calm, he was aware that the Sorcerer Supreme needed to let go of his anger and sorrow.

"It was only yesterday when my wife was laughing with me, she was safe in my arms and--- And today, I have to watch her from afar because she is in a cell like a prisoner!"

Stephen's voice cracked, he could hear the breaking of his heart. Bruce nodded and decided not to say anything. He didn't want to make it worse for Stephen.

"She is clearly under a spell, and I can't find a way to break it. Me, a Sorcerer Supreme, failed to save his own wife!"

Stephen was angry, mostly at himself. He didn't know who or why would someone casted you under a spell. What he knew was, you weren't yourself anymore.

You had been screaming and trashing around like a lunatic, and you were determined to kill him. Stephen winced at the thought, such a lovely woman like you turned into a killing machine just because of someone had a revenge on him.

"Wong is finding a way to break the spell. We just have to hope for the best."

Tony said, appearing from his meeting with Wong. Stephen felt a lump in his throat and his eyes landed on you. You had your eyes on him now. You used to look at him with adoration, but now it was nothing more but murderous look in your eyes.

"She wasn't brainwashed or anything. It is a unbreakable spell. This is out of my intelligence. "

Tony admitted, a hint of disappoinment crawled over his chest. He hoped he could do something to help you, but unfortunately he couldn't. Tony saw how you tried to kill your husband and it was shocking and scary. It seemed like you were in your body, but there was another soul who was taking over it and you weren't in control.

It was terrifying.

"I'll kill you.."

You muttered under your breathe as you glared at Stephen. Stephen's breathe hitched and he held back his tears. He wanted to hold you and tell you that everything was going to be alright. But he knew it was impossible.

So Stephen stayed there. He watched you from the wall made of glass. He let a soft smile decorated his face when you slept. He hoped that when you were sleeping, you had a good rest and you would be fine once you were awake.

Stephen sat outside your cell, tears boiled in his eyes. He started to think of the worst if you couldn't come back to him. He was helpless, and he knew you really need him now more than ever.

"Do you love me?"

You sat in his lap, your arms snaked around his neck as you stole a kiss on his lips. Stephen chuckled and nodded, his eyes bored into yours for a moment. .

"I love you very much."

He whispered sweetly at you. You seemed to be thinking for awhile before smirking at your husband.

"What if one day, I turn into a monster and I try to eat you! Will you still love me?"

Stephen laughed at your question and poked your nose playfully. You scrunched your nose and hit his arm. Stephen planted a kiss on your forehead and hummed in content.

"I will forever love you."

"Even if I try to eat you?"

"Yes, even if you try to eat me."

He chuckled softly. You tilted your head a bit and giggled. You put your hand on the back of his head and pulled him for a kiss.

He never thought you would become this, monster, no--- you weren't a monster. You were forced to act like one. You were the sweetest person he had ever knew. You didn't deserve this kind of fate.

"Stephen."

Wong's voice brought him back into reality and he realised Wong wasn't alone. He came with Tony, who was looking glum. Stephen quickly stood up, hoping for a good news even though from the look that Tony was showing, he knew he couldn't put his hope high.

"We.. We found a solution."

Wong was clearly in hesitation, he exchanged a look with the billionaire and cleared his throat. Tony allowed Wong to continue, not wanting to interrupt.

"We can break the spell, only in a way."

"What is it?"

Stephen was getting impatient now. He felt as if his life was getting a light and the darkness was leaving when he realised that the spell wasn't unbreakable after all.

"What is it, Wong?!"

Stephen started to yell, as his friend didn't want to tell him about the only cure to the spell. Wong looked at Tony, as if asking the genius to continue.

"We have to let her do her mission."

"What?"

Stephen frowned in confusion. His mind was messy and he couldn't think straight right now. He just wanted to save you, his beautiful wife, the love of his life.

"The spell will be broken as soon as Y/N completed her mission, which means she has to.."

A pang of realisation hit Stephen hard once Tony's words sunk in. That was it. It was the only way he could save you. There was no other way.

"She has to kill me."

Stephen said, almost in a whisper. Wong and Tony looked at each other before nodding at the anguished Sorcerer Supreme. Stephen clenched his jaw and glanced at you, who was awake by now.

You looked helpless, almost lost, you weren't yourself anymore. Stephen had to bring you back. He loved you more than anything else, more than world, more than himself...

"Break the spell."

Wong and Tony knew it would happen. Stephen loved you too much to let you being tortured for so long. But they were still flabbergasted with his decision.

"Let her be free.."

A lone tear rolled down upon his face and Wong nodded weakly at his friend. He had tried his best, and there was nothing else they could do to save you. Tony unlocked the cell, his chest tightened when you started to walk out of it.

"My Y/N.. My love, my stars.."

Stephen smiled, knowing that you could still hear and see him, even if you couldn't react to him. Wong and Tony stepped back, they weren't ready for what was going to happen.

"I'll kill you, Stephen."

Your voice was deep, almost demonic but Stephen kept smiling. He let you walked closer towards him and he did nothing to protect himself.

"I love you, Y/N."

He had to let you know that even after you had become this, he still loved you. He was in love with you and he didn't want you to forget it. Stephen shut his eyes and he knew he had to let himself go so you could come back.

"I'm sorry, Stephen."

-
there will be no part 2!
so what do you think of this little piece of angst?

thank you for reading!
please leave a vote and comments.