⭐ No Longer Home | Carlton Drake

Carlton ended the call and threw his phone on the table. He put his suitcase near the couch and sighed deeply. The incident with Eddie Brock today was making him mad. Really, really mad. But he took care of that already, he made sure that guy lost his job and everything he had ever cared about.

Now he was home, not just his house but he was home. He knew it as soon as his eyes landed on your sleeping form on the couch. You were in a sitting position, and it must be uncomfortable for you to sleep that way.

"She was waiting for me again."

He muttered under his breathe, smiling faintly at his girlfriend. He went to sit next to you. He was going to carry you to the bedroom but he just needed your comfort at that time. So he put an arm around you and buried his face in the crook of your neck. He inhaled your scent and sighed in content.

You were his home.

You shifted a bit and opened your eyes lazily. Carlton realised that you were awake and guilt wrapped around his heart.  However, you just smiled softly at him.

"I'm sorry I didn't want to wake you up I just---"

"It's okay, honey. I was waiting for you."

Carlton kissed your forehead and nodded. Of course you were waiting for him. No matter how many times he told you not to, you were stubborn enough not to listen to him.

"I know and I'm sorry. It feels like I've been neglecting you."

He apologised, a frown took over his handsome face. You shook your head and planted a kiss on his cheek.

"I don't mind because I love you so much. Now, I know you're tired."

You shrugged it off, patting your lap softly. Carlton chuckled under his breathe before putting his head on your lap, lying down on the couch. He looked you in the eyes and saw your pure love and care for him, his heart swelled at the thought of you loving him this much.

You ran your fingers through his hair and he hummed in delight. He felt as if the world stopped around him as your delicate touch reached his skin, massaging his head softly. But then an ugly thought passed through his mind, he could still remember what Eddie Brock said to him about you.

"Y/N won't be happy if she knows that you're killing innocent people."

Eddie said, knowing that talking about you would tick him off. Carlton clenched his jaw and gritted his teeth when Brock started to bring you up. You were Eddie's friend, but you had never listened to him when he said that your boyfriend wasn't a good man.

"Don't you dare to talk about her."

Carlton warned. He could handle this, but not when you were mentioned. Carlton pulled himself together and tried to stay calm when his men dragged Eddie away from him.

"You don't deserve her, Drake!"

Eddie yelled. He had told you so many times to leave Carlton, but you just won't listen. Carlton smirked when Eddie wasn't on his sight anymore, but his heart was aching. Was it true that he didn't deserve you?

Carlton was back into the reality when you planted a kiss on his forehead. When he saw a radiant smile featured on your face, something inside him was telling him that Eddie was right.

He didn't deserve you.

...

Carlton walked into his house, his eyes were searching for you. A smile spreaded on his face when he saw you standing in the balcony. He took a deep breathe and decided to do it today.