⭐ Missing For The Worse | Bucky Barnes

It was another whole level of pain, the one that you had never experienced before and you would not wish it on others. These tormenting feelings that were crawling over your fragile heart, breaking it apart and sometimes you felt as if you could not breathe.

He swore that he would never leave your side. He promised that he would never betray your love. Now his words were nothing but poison that was suffocating your mind.

James Buchanan Barnes, the name that resonated with your heartbeat. You woke up every morning, knowing that he was there so you could love him.

When he was down in the drains, you were the one who brought him up and fixed him like the loyal lover you were. You gave it all and held him up when nobody else gave a damn about his well-being.

You were a nobody. But you never gave up to make him a somebody. There was a doubt in your heart, wondering if he would leave you when things got better but you trusted him.

Now, you knew the painful truth. You were living in his sweet denials for years.

The day when he broke up with you was still fresh on your mind. He was staring into your teary eyes, there was a hint of sadness and regret in his own pair of eyes.

"I'm sorry, Y/N. We can't be together anymore."

That was it. He was getting used to the life in the Avengers, being one of them was a good thing and you were not in the list anymore.

He discarded you, leaving you like you meant nothing to him. Perhaps you did mean nothing to Bucky. A fresh wave of anger hit you like a powerful riptide, pulling you under.

You shed tears, and you ran out of salt you did not want to cry any longer. You were exhausted and you hated it. You hated being so pathetic because of a man who did not deserve you.

You hated him.

You could remember those nights he woke up with a nighmare haunting him and you would sing him to sleep. He was in your arms, he needed you.

Now you hoped that those monsters in his nightmares were getting worse. You wanted him to suffer and cry at nights, without no one to talk to. If he could die in the process, you would not mind either.

Truth to be told, you wanted him dead.

For years, you had gone missing.

No one had a single idea where you had been for these years.

The only family you had, your mom, she reached out to Bucky when you were missing. Of course, he did not know where you were. He broke up with you in the most painful way that was possible.

Nevertheless, he was worried.

He asked for Stark's help, and the billionaire was willing to lend a hand. Surprisingly, you were not found. Everyone was flabbergasted when even Tony Stark failed to find you.

Expecting the worst, everybody thought you were dead. Years had gone by without you being found alive. You could not just make it out alone, how could you?

But you were not alone.

...

"Who the hell are they?!"

Clint was furious, fighting against the enemies that he did not even recognise. The Avengers Headquarters was in a complete chaos, even worse, they had no idea about the purpose of the attack.

Steve had no time to answer, too busy to fight the enemies who looked like trained soldiers but their eyes were filled with vengeance. He was with Clint and Bucky, and he was clueless with where the rest of the Avengers might be.