4

Friday

Autumns POV

I was really nervous for the party tonight.

I hadn't been to one in...forever. Wow.

Jules and I sat at out lunch table with Dylan and Alice.

Alice was one of our close friends too.  She became friends with Jules and I our sophmore year. She was new and so sweet, she fit right in.

Dylan looked at Alice and I with his arm draped around Jules shoulder lazily. "So you both are coming for sure tonight, right?" He rubbed circles on her arm.

Alice grinned. "Yes! I haven't been to a party in 3 weeks, I need this!"

Her and Jules went to parties together a lot. It was something they really liked to do.

They always tried to get me to go. Laying in my bed and journaling though was more my speed.

"And you?" Dylan looked at me. His blue eyes staring right through me.

I hesistated slightly, "Yeah. I'm a little nervous though..."  I looked down at my fruit snacks.

"Don't be!" Jules sat up off of Dylans arm. "You and Alice can both come over to my place and get ready! Spend the night too." She looked at me. "You'll have fun. I promise."

I could tell the way Jules said it, she really wanted me there. She wanted me to let loose.

I really did need to get out. Another night in bed watching all the party snapchat stories wasn't going to help me if I backed out.

Dylan smiled and ran his fingers through his dirty blonde hair. "Want me to drive you guys?" He looked at Jules.

She nodded smiling softly up at him. "That okay with you guys?"

Alice and I nodded our heads. She pulled her curly blonde hair up into a pony tail. "I'm so ready for a drink." She smirked.

I laughed nervously as the bell rang and got up. I just needed to make it through the day.

Friday night: before the party

I pulled into Jules house and saw Alice's car already in the driveway.

Alright Autumn. You got this.

I grabbed my bag with my clothes and makeup for the night and walked into her house. "I'm coming!" I yelled up the stairs.

"Wait!" I heard Jules yell from her room. I stopped on the first stair as I heard her, "Can you grab water bottles for all of us?"

I turned on my heel and went into her kitchen.

Jules house was like a second home to me. I saw her mom sitting in the kitchen at the table. Her laptop open and a glass of wine sitting next to it. "Hi Christy!" I smiled as I grabbed the bottles of water.

"Autumn!" She got up and hugged me. "How are you? How are things?" She scanned my face looking for anything in my eyes to give the answer away as she released from the hug.

"I'm okay. It's same old same old, but I'm good." I smiled softly at her as a smile played on her lips.

"I'm glad to hear. My flight leaves tonight so I'll be gone, but try not to be too late."

I nodded at her. "I'll try." I lied. I knew how Jules was at parties, she always tells me how late she gets back. Just because I was going didn't mean anything. It definantly wouldn't stop her from a late night.

I went upstairs with the waters and walked into Jules room tossing them and my bag onto her bed. "Hey guys! Alice you look so good!"

Alice had straightened her hair and put it into braids. She had on her Gray crop top with high waisted blue jean shorts with rips. She slid her sandals on. "Thank you!" She hugged me.

Jules and I still were unsure what to wear. "I brought a few different clothes with me, but I dunno." I shrugged. "Oh hey where's your mom going?"

Jules started searching through my bag. "Business down to Miami." She pulled out my deep red tank top and ripped black jean shorts. "Wear this." She smirked.

I went into her bathroom and started to change. The tank top hugged arouns my chest making it pop along with the way the shorts hugged my curves perfectly. I came out. "Are you sure?"

"Yes!" They both grinned in unison. "You look so hot!" Jules smiled.

She had put on a black tank top with a silver mini skirt. "Promise you'll be careful tonight?" She looked at me.

"What do you mean?" I ran the straightner over a few parts of my hair.

"With Ethan and Grayson." I felt my face heat. "I know how they can get at parties. I don't want them to do anything knowing it's your first one."

Alice nodded in agreement. "I agree. We'll watch after you. Dylan can be our body guard."

Jules giggled and nodded.

"I'll be careful guys." I turned around and looked at them. "I promise you don't have to watch over me."

Jules nodded. "I just want to watch out for my girl!" She wrapped her arm around me. "Now let's go! I heard Dylan pull in."

We all sprayed some perfume on and walked down the stairs, waving bye to Christy on the way out.

Dylan smiled and honked his horn as we walked out.

Jules rolled her eyes. "We're right here." She said as she hopped in the front seat. "Stop being so extra."

Dylan laughed and looked back at Alice and I in the backseat. "Ready?"

Alice nodded excitedly. "Beyond ready." She flipped her long braids to go behind her back.

"Autumn?" He looked at me. "You sure?"

I nodded. "I'm ready." I tried to convince myself.

Dylan put his shades back on. "Let's go!" He smiled and started the drive to the twins house.

Jules shot me a text as we drove while singing all the lyrics to the new Post Malone album.

Jules:) : Thank you for coming tonight. I think you'll have fun

I looked up and smiled at her.

Me: I really hope so

————
Party next chapter!
Let me know what you think so far!
💙