8

Monday

Autumns POV:

The first half of school was a drag.

I was ready to go to lunch and relax. My first half of classes are where I see the most of Ethan.

That made it hard.

I know he came over and just wanted to help me. He didn't mean to do any wrong and I made it seem like that. I pushed him away so fast.

My thoughts got cut off when I walked into lunch and saw Jules, Dylan, and Alice all at the table laughing at Grayson and Ethan sitting across from them.

Oh.

They've never sat with us before. Why today?

Probably because of me.

I debated going over to the table or skipping out on lunch and going out.

Fuck it.

I walked over and sat next to Jules. "Hey." I smiled weakly.

Ethans eyes lit up as he saw me sit. "Hey Autumn!"

I smiled slightly at him. I could tell he was trying with me.

He never did text me. I haven't told anybody how he showed up at my doorstep.

I'm trying to forget he did. The way I pushed him out.

Maybe I should let him in. He means good, I can see that.

I looked over at Gray who gave me a slight wave.

"Grayson was just telling us about how him and Ethan used to fight when they were younger." Jules said, her hand intertwined with Dylans.

Grayson started to laugh. "Ethan was such a fiesty baby!"

Ethan hit his shoulder. "Oh cause you never were!" He laughed with him.

I watched the way he laughed. His eyes crinkled slightly as his mouth was open in a smile, his beautiful laugh like a song.

It made me smile.

I took my granola bar out of my bookbag and started eating.

Ethan glanced down at my granola bar then at me. "Is that all you eat for lunch?"

I nodded slightly. His face look displeased before he looked away from me.

"So Autumn." Jules bumped my arm making my head turn to look at her. "Did we decide where we wanted to go for spring break? It's coming up and it's our senior year. It needs to be memorable." She said very seriously before cracking a smile.

Alice nodded agreeing. "I was thinking maybe Florida, or California! Somewhere warm and beachy."

"You want a spring break beach place to get alcohol." Dylan called her out, laughing.

Alice stuck her tongue out. "I mean you aren't entirely wrong."

Dylan shook his head. "We're going to have to cut you off from parties."

"Never!"

Jules shook her head at them. "I'm down for a beach and drinks, but nothing too crazy or it'll just feel like every other party we go to, but with a beach."

"Wait!" Grayson interjected. "An Aunt of ours owns a beach house in California. I bet she'd let you guys stay there."

Jules eyes lit up excitedly, then narrowed at Grayson like he was crazy. "Don't you guys want to come too?"