23

Ethans POV:

I looked at Autumn and I saw nothing but fear and nerves in her eyes.

That look completly breaks my heart.

She didn't want to deal with them. Neither did I.

"Why are they here?"

Alice gave me a 'wtf' look. "If I knew I'd tell you." She snapped.

I wasn't going to take her little bit of aggression too seriously, I know she's just worried for Autumn.

Grayson shook his head. "We have to just avoid them."

I nodded, but I knew that wouldn't be easy.

Cassidy was up my ass after we broke up. She was so mad, she yelled at me for a week when she would see me, then called me everyday straight for a month and a half.

I stayed friends with Jack before I started to change my terrible habits, he didn't want to change with me, so I let him go from my friendship group.

It didn't bother me. I didn't miss either of them.

I had great friends now.

I have Autumn, she's all I need.

I needed to protect her.

Autumns POV:

"We just have to avoid them." Grayson said, as if that'd be something easy.

Jack found me at the in-and-out in California. He's going to find me here.

Why else we he be here other than to destroy what Ethan has that's good right now.

Sometimes peoples bitter and sad lives lead to the destruction of others.

I didn't want that to happen to Ethan, Grayson, anybody, and me.

I was nervous, I was scared. I didn't want somebody coming after me to try to mess up my life. 

My life was already a mess at home and now I have to come to school and have shit here too.

Solid.

"Hey." Ethan wrapped his arms around me, "I'm going to protect you, alright? I won't let them even breathe near you."

I nodded. "Okay." I kissed his chin.

It was sweet of him to say that, but he couldn't control what they were going to do or when they would come up to me.

As we went in I went to my locker, Ethan walking with me. "Don't you have to go to your locker?" I asked him as I opened mine, grabbing my bag I left here over break.

"No." His eyes were scanning the hall for them.

In this moment, he felt less like a boyfriend and more like a bodyguard.

"If they come up to me, I can handle it." I wrapped my arms around his bicep. "I promise."

He nodded as he glanced down at me, but the doubt in his eyes was so prevelant.

I know he knows more about these people then I do, and he knows what they're capable of, but I don't want to worry too much. I think I'll be okay.

It's nice he cares, but I don't want him taking all the extra stress of them because they're coming at me.

As we made our way to class, he dropped me at my first period. His was two doors down.

"I'll wait for you." He kissed me softly, quickly, before he made his way two doors down.