17

Autumns POV:

"No." I shook my head, tears threatening to spill. "No you wouldn't do that. That's not you. You'd never."

"Autumn. Autumn." He grabbed my hands. "It was the old me. Before I learned who you were. Your situation."

"My situation." I scoffed. "You don't know the half of it."

"Dylan and Jules had told me a little about it before you did. They were worried."

I shook my head. Too much was going on at once. My head started to throb. "Why- why would you be in a bet like that?"

"You didn't party. They- uh..we- thought that it would bring you to parties and change you."

I got up releasing his hands. "Why would you not tell me that that night on the boat? Something so crucial, Ethan?"

"It didn't come up." He looked down at his hands. "Autumn that's not me anymore."

I didn't know what to say. I had no words.

I was hurt. I felt betrayed.

Was I really that much of a prude that they'd put me in a bet like that?

Ethan was in a bet with my ex "boyfriend" to have him get into my pants and bring me to parties.

My heart was aching. I blinked once and tears started to spill down my cheeks like a waterfall. Ethans had reached up to wipe them.

"Don't touch me." I slapped his hand away. "I can't be here right now." I got up.

"Autumn where are you going?" He got up.

"I just need to go out." I walked out slamming the door in his face before he could follow me.

I saw the clock- 10pm. Shit. It got late fast.

Grayson and Alice were on the couch since Ethan and I had been talking in their room. "Hey." Grayson got up and hugged me.

I hugged him back my tears falling into his chest, his t-shirt absorbing them.

"Autumn I knew about it." He whispered. "And I was against it, Dylan was too. We couldn't say anything though. It wasn't our place. I'm really sorry."

I shook my head in his chest. "I understand." I whispered, my voice couldn't come out full. I had nothing left in me. "I just need to go."

"Where are you going to go?" Alice got up. "Please, you can sleep in my room with me. Grayson can stay with Ethan that way you don't share a room with him."

"I can do that." Grayson released me from his grasp.

"C'mon." Alice softly grabbed my hand and took me up to our room. "Grayson told me about it when you were with Ethan. I had no idea."

I shook my head. I didn't want to talk about it. I wanted to crawl up into a ball.

I felt empty.

Broken.

This trip was my escape. Everything at home was getting harder and harder by the day. Being here with Ethan was supposed to make this paradise an even bigger paradise.

Now it was nothing.

All of this hurt and brokenness that I felt Ethan was helping me cope with, bringing back together, that feeling was gone.

My broken pieces were broken even deeper.

"Let me go get Jules." She got up and I heard her knock on Jules door.