7

Sunday

Autumns POV:

I couldn't get Friday nights party out of my head. All the alcohol. All the smells. Ethan.

I finally talk to Ethan and this is what happens. He sees right through me.

All the broken parts of me, but he is too.

It made my heart throb, somebody so beautiful could be full of so much hurt. I wonder why he is. I know he knows why I am.

Well parts of it.

I walked downstairs to grab a pack of fruit snacks when my eyes landed on the white pack of papers sitting on the kitchen table.

Divorce papers.

"Oh." Was all I could whisper to myself as I looked at it.

My dad walked in and came up next to me. "I'm sorry Autumn." He looked at the papers then back at me. "It's time to start moving on." He picked it up.

I looked down at the fruit snacks, then the sign, then his face. "Yeah." I started to go upstairs.

"Autumn you need to relax." I paused on the steps listening to him. "You're going to college soon. This won't concern you."

"It concerns me now though." I turned around. "You tell me not to get involved, not to care, but it's hard not to when I know every little detail going on and have completly broken mentally. I'm happy it's finally starting a process after what- 8 months?" I snapped then took a slow, shakey deep breath. "I...I'm sorry."

He shook his head as he went toward the garage before turning around, I'm leaving for work. Love you." He gave me a hug before walking out and shutting the door to the garage.

"Love you too." I mumbled under my breath as I walked into my room. I sat down onto my bed and put my head in my hands, resting down on my knees.

I needed a break.

Spring break was next week, but not close enough.

It was within a second the front door was getting knocked on. "Of course." I got up, wiping my face.

I groaned, opening the door. "What'd you forg- Ethan." I stopped in my tracks. "I thought you were my dad."

"It's okay." He smiled softly at me. "May I come in?"

"S-Sure." I stuttered and stepped aside. I wasn't ready for company. I had on my short adidas shorts and an adidas hoodie. "Everything okay? Want a water or anything?"

"I'm good." He looked at my hoodie. "That's a nice color on you." He said admiring the bright yellow.

"Thank you." I blushed slightly and gestured for him to follow me into the living room.

He stopped me. "Hey what happened? You look upset."

"I'm fine." I shrugged it off. I couldn't let him know. Not yet.

"How are you after the party?"

"Recovering." I sat down on the couch. "The hangover wasn't worth it." I looked down.

We sat there in an awkward silence until he spoke up. "Sorry again that I asked about your name." He looked at the coffee table that had some of my Moms stuff on it. A few lawyer cards scattered around. I saw his eyes soften.

"It's okay. You didn't know. Besides I get the question a lot anyway." I scanned his face. His eyes were filled with soft sincerity. "I promise, I'm okay."