34

Friday night

Ethans POV:

This week went by slow, probably because we're all excited for karaoke tomorrow night.

Autumn was going to sleep over tonight and said she'd be here soon. I didn't get to spend time with her yesterday, so I was extremely excited to see her.

"Yo did you put enough stuff in the basement?" Grayson asked, coming out of the kitchen after putting away the dishes I washed.

"I hope. If not you can sleep away from us." I laughed.

"No! This is a friend friendly sleepover."

Grayson, Autumn, and I were all going to hang out together tonight. It had been so long since we genuinely had.

"I'm going to shower before she gets here." Grayson went upstairs, locking himself into the bathroom.

I went up to my room and sat down onto my bed. Reaching over, I grabbed my blue journal and black pen.

I hadn't written in so long, now I had a chance. It would only be a few minutes, but I had to write something. I was starting to really miss it.

Dear Journal,
It's me again. Gosh even writing I can't help but be awkward. It's been so long. For starts everything with Autumn is going amazing, well beyond amazing. This girl makes me the happiest I have ever been. She's too good for me. I worry that she'll leave me. She makes me me again. This version of me that I love most is back and I have her to thank that for. People are trying to break us up though- Jack and Cassidy. I know it wont happen, but it hurts. The one time I'm happy and some people can't be happy for me back. I don't know, it's frustrating. I broke a glass. I can't believe I got that low to break things again. I was so mad at myself. I still am, but I hide that feeling. The feelings of pain and worry are feelings I never want Autumn to see within me. She makes them go away. I think she does see them though, she sees right through my broken pieces. It's both a blessing and a curse. I hate these feelings though. The ones in me. Maybe I worry too much of losing her, but that's because I love her too much. Writing helps me cope, and I haven't been writing lately. Autumns been helping me cope instead. Time flies when I'm with her. Whether we're sitting or kissing or both or nothing at all but basking in eachothers presence, I become overwhelmed with love that my body goes soft and my emotions run wild. It's something nobody has ever made me feel before. I want to write to her, show her how I feel in words, the easiest way I can. I can't show her enough verbally. That's what I'll do. I'll write to her.
With love,
Ethan.

I hid my journal and pen back in the drawer and took a deep breath. I instantly felt better after writing, less stressed.

I went downstairs and sat on the couch waiting for Autumn to come. I scrolled through my twitter, liking the occasional funny meme that'll pop up.

Grayson came down in a red t-shirt and black shorts. "She here yet?"

"Yeah, I'm sitting on the couch alone because she's here."

He glared at me. "Such a comedian you are. Wow." He let out one fake laugh and shook his head. He walked over and sat on my legs.

"Dude no!" I shoved him, but he woudn't budge. "Bro why."

"Can't I sit on the couch too. Your long ass legs took up my spot."

I heard the doorknob fiddle and went to get up, but Grayson still wouldn't budge. "The doors unlocked."

I groaned. "Why are you being such a dick twitch?"

In came Autumn, looking as beautiful as ever. Her brown hair was in a messy bun, she was trying to master them and she looked beautiful with them. "Uh." She laughed when she saw Grayson and I. "You both good?"