45

Ethan and Graysons Graduation:

I sat in my room, the outfit I was planning on wearing was draped across my bed.

A blue and white striped romper.

I was nervous to go. The last thing Ethan has said to me is that he had something for me at the ceremony.

I was eager, the anticipation was literally eating me alive.

I looked in the mirror, curling the edges of my hair to apply a little volume to my otherwise flat hair.

My phone started buzzing and I looked down, Graysons name appearing across the top of the screen.

I reached down and accepted, confusion in my voice as I spoke, "Hello?"

"Hey!" I could hear his friendly smile in the tone of his voice. "You're still coming right?"

I nodded before realizing he couldn't see me, "Yeah. I'm getting ready now." I wrapped more hair around the curling wand.

"What?" He sounded slightly disappointed, "Party started half an hour ago!"

"I know! But I didn't want to be the first person to show up. Besides I already did my makeup, I just have to finish my hair and get dressed."

He stayed silent.

"Gray, I promise you. I'll be there."

"Good." He sounded happier, "Ethan has been lowkey looking around for you. I'll ask him what's wrong and he says its nothing, but I know."

I looked in the mirror, my reflection staring sadly back at me. "Gray, I wouldn't miss it for the world."

"Good! Now go finish your hair and come party!" He hung up.

I finished curling my hair, my heart feeling heavy when I think of Ethan.

This is his day, his day to celebrate finally being done with highschool, and his mind is on me.

My mind is always on him too.

I wonder if I ever leave his mind.

He never leaves mine.

And it kills me.

I went over to my bed, putting on the romper and adjusting the straps and chest area.

I picked up the two gifts, one for Grayson, one for Ethan.

For Grayson, a cookbook, an acai bowl cookbook, and a giftcard to gucci.

The giftcards are what definantly broke my bank account.

For Ethan, a journal, good ink pens, and a new camera, and a gucci giftcard for him.

He writes, so the Journal is for him to tell his stories through. The camera, he can take pictures and write about the sights. That was something Grayson had slipped to me awhile ago.

I made my way downstairs, both bags in my hand. My mom stopped me, looking at my romper.

"Where are you going?"