38

Monday:

The day was a complete drag. Everybody was a little nervous, but me with the highest amount of nerves.

I didn't want to do this anymore. I wanted an out. I was nervous, scared, not ready to hear anything they were going to throw at me.

But now, we're all in Graysons car, driving down to the park. There was no going back.

Why am I so nervous? We're just talking.

Just Jack, Cassidy, and I.

Ethans hand was placed firmly in mine, his thumb stroking the top layer of my hand softly, lovingly.

It was helping settle some nerves, but not all of them.

"We got this." Jules smiled at me, "I can always get out and throw some punches."

"Oh my." Dylan looked at her like 'wtf', "Why do you want to punch somebody? I'm scared!" He laughed.

I laughed nervously, "Thanks girl."

"You sure about this?" Graysons eyes met mine in the rearview mirror. "You don't have to."

"I know, but I have to eventually."

"Eventually can be however long you need it to be love." Ethan looked at me, his hazel eyes swimming with concern.

"I know." I leaned my head onto his shoulder.

When we got to the park, I hopped out of Graysons car, followed by the 'you got this!' from Dylan as I did.

"Hey." Ethan got out behind me and shut the door.

"No." I shook my head, "No you can't come with me."

"Not that." His hands both fell into mine. He lifted them to his chest and rested them there together. "Promise me," He took a deep, shakey breath, "Promise me whatever they tell you that you wont leave me." His voice was low, nervous.

"I promise." I kissed him.

A promise I wasn't going to break to him, sealed with a kiss.

"I love you." He opened the door.

"I love you too." I started to make my way to the benches, my eyes peeled for any sign of Jack and Cassidy.

I went and sat at a park bench, my nails tracing the lines and dips in the wood.

Nervous.

"Hey!" I heard Cassidys voice, like nails on a chalkboard, ring in my ear.

I turned around, "Hi." I said, not as peppy as her voice was to me.

"Where's Jack?"

"It's just me?"

"Just you? Why?"

"Jack didn't want to come." She lied.

I knew she was lying, it was obvious. Her eyes couldn't hold a stare with mine.

Something was up.

"Look," she started.

"No. You look." I was kind of taken aback at my own words, "Look, I don't get why you're doing this."

"I love him."

"Shut. Up." I said exasperated. "Seriously. You don't love him. You love the feeling he gave you. You guys had a lust, not a love."

She looked at me, speechless. I could see her trying to process the words I told her.

The truth I told her.