36

Saturday night
Song for chapter- "Happiness" Rex Orange County

My eyes well with tears as I look down at Ethan, still sleeping softly on my chest.

My hands carefully continue to lace through his hair, the tears now slipping from my eyes.

I set the envelope down and just stare at the beautiful man before me.

So full of love, yet so broken. So much love to give.

I sniff and smile softly to myself. He truly was perfect. I didn't know he could write so deeply, so lovingly. Each word was perfectly flowed together.

I couldn't help the tears that escaped my eyes.

How did I deserve him?

Somebody so beautiful?

So full of love to give? He chooses me.

He was my happiness. The best thing that has ever happened to me. He says he cannot express his love enough, but neither can I.

He is the best thing that has ever happen to me and I can't express it enough. I don't want him to ever think I take him for granted when I am beyond thankful everyday that he is mine.

Sure we had bumps, finding out his past did hurt me. That isn't him anymore though, people grow, people change. I accept that. I love him even more for that.

Ethan stirred against my chest and looked up, his soft eyes barely opening, "Love," He sat up slightly, seeing the tears on my cheeks. "No don't cry.." He brought his thumb to my cheek, "What happened?"

I held up the note slightly, his eyes gazing to it.

"Oh." His eyes gazed back to mine.

"Ethan.." My hand softly laced into his hair, "It was beautiful." I whispered, dropping my hand to cup his cheek. "I'm...speechless." I set it on the nightstand.

He smiled slightly, "I'm glad you liked it. So you would want more?"

"Ethan, I want to read everything you write. It's beautiful."

His eyes lit up at the word 'beautiful'. "Actually.." He blushed and moved so his head was now laid back onto the pillow next to mine. "I...I'm majoring in Journalism." He looked at me, his face scanning mine.

"Oh my gosh." I smiled out of pure happiness for him. He would excel in that because of how beautiful he could write. This long, I had no idea of his hidden talent. "Love that's amazing!" I wrapped my arm around his waist.

He pulled my arm up to his lips, placing them onto my hand softly. "What's amazing is you enjoyed it."

"It made me cry."

"I cried writing it." He whispered, "I was overwhelmed with love. It was both a beautiful and terrifying mixture." He looked over at me, his thumb stroking my hand and wrist. "I started crying over how happy I am, how scared am I to lose you, how perfect you are, and how on earth I got the most amazing girl after all I did."

"Because you're the most amazing boy." I pushed myself closer to him, "That's why."

"But what I did." He looked away slightly, "With your ex, with Jack and Cassidy,"