6

Saturday morning

I woke up to the sun peeking through the blinds of Jules bedroom. My head was spinning as I slowly tried to sit up.

How much did I drink last night?

When did I get to Jules house?

I leaned over for the waterbottle on the nightstand when I felt a rush of nausea come over me.

I got up and went into her bathroom, throwing up.

I heard Jules roll out of bed and come in. "It's okay." She rubbed my back. "Let it out." She pulled my hair back into a ponytail.

I leaned up onto my knees and wiped my mouth with the towel she handed me.

"Thanks." I looked down. "Did I really drink that much?"

She nodded, chuckling slightly. "Yep. Couldn't stop you either. You said you had reasons to drink and you were going to. And you did alright." She helped me up. "I stopped drinking after we started dancing. You kept going and I finally decided you needed to sleep. Here we are."

I nodded as I washed my hands. "Can I have some tylenol?"

She nodded and went downstairs to grab some.

I sat down on her bed and saw Alice shift. She had slept on the floor. "Was that you or Jules sick?" She sat up.

"Me." I looked down, embarrased.

She smiled. "First hangover. Proud of you." She whispered. I think she was able to tell my head was throbbing.

That or she knew the pain herself.

"Here." Jules came in handing me a fresh bottle of water and tylenol. "So wanna talk about what you remember from last night?"

I shrugged. "I talked to Ethan."

Jules and Alice both shot their heads in my direction. "When?!"

"Shhh. Please." I swallowed the tylenol.

"Sorry...when?!" Jules whisper shouted.

"Outside." I looked at them. "After Alice walked away from me they came up and started talking to me. Grayson got mad and went in and I was left with Ethan."

I remembered Grayson walking inside. I wonder why he went in. Things were fine when we were talking until Ethan walked over.

"What did Ethan say?" Alice sat down on the other side of me on the bed.

"Nothing. I'm sure he wont talk to me again though. It was just a one night thing from my first party, I'm assuming."

Now that he knows Im broken.

But he is too. I saw it in him. Two broken people. We'd be toxic to eachother. I'd just break him more. I can't be with him.

But I want to.

"I think it's best I go home." I got up and gathered my bag together. "I need a nap after last night. I need to sleep this hangover away."

I still feel so sick. I'm never drinking that much again. This is too much.

I want my bed.

Jules smiled and hugged me. "I'm still glad you went to the party even though you're feeling the struggle and pain now."

"Even though the last thing I remember was walking away from Ethan, me too." I admitted. I didn't like the fact I couldn't remember what happened last night after that.

"That happens." Alice said, "It's okay. We'll see you Monday at school." She gave me a hug before I walked out the door.

I got in my car and sunk into my seat. I turned on Post Malone and started to drive home.

Ethans POV:

I woke up to the smell of pancakes downstairs. Honestly, that's the best smell to wake up too. Especially after a party.

I sat up. I didn't drink too much last night, so that was good. I didn't want to deal with a hangover.

I bet Autumn is.

Poor girl was shitfaced.

I watched her the whole night take shot after shot and dance. Jules eventually cut her off and they left.

I should text her.

I grabbed my phone until I remembered- I don't have her number.

I got up and tossed a t-shirt on walking downstairs. Grayson was in the kitchen flipping pancakes.

"Hey." I said sitting down at the table.

After I walked over last night to him and Autumn and pissed him off, he hasn't said a word to me.

"Hey man." He flipped a pancake. "Look, I'm sorry about last night. I know what you were thinking and I wont hurt h-"

"Gray." I got up and put a hand on his shoulder. "It's all good."

He sighed and shrugged my shoulder off. One after another he stacked all the pancakes onto a plate and set them in the middle of the table. "I know you like her." He said as he grabbed glasses. "I shouldn't have even thought of trying to get with her last night."

My eyes followed him as he walked through the kitchen. "Get with her? Grayson." I remembered last night, her face.

Her eyes.

Broken.

Like mine.

"You will never get with her." I snapped. Graysons head whipped toward me. "She doesn't need that in her life. You know what Dylan tells us. You want to hurt her more than she already is?" I could feel my anger building up. "Why would you even think that?"

"No." He looked at me. "I don't want to hurt her more. Not after I saw her last night. I'm serious."

"What the hell does that mean?" I said defensivly. I was defending her already. The way Gray did for me.

She looked stunning last night. There was no flaws to her.

She was imperfectly perfect.

"I saw her eyes Ethan. They look like yours." He sat down and grabbed a pancake.

"Grayson I told you I'm better."

He shook his head. "I thought so too." He glanced up at me as he put a piece of pancake into his mouth. "But seeing her eyes, then yours. They both have the same hurt." He chewed slowly. "Ethan you can't be with somebody hurt too. It'll make it harder on you. Harder on her."

I scoffed. "You don't know what I need." I snapped setting my fork down.

"Hey." He said softly. "I just want you to be okay. After vine..." he looked down.

"I've changed Grayson. I told you I got better."

"I know you have. Ethan I'm still going to watch out for you. You haven't like a girl in forever and I just want to make sure you're going to be okay if Autumn doesn't want you."

I didn't want to think of that.

"Stop." I whispered getting up from the table and going upstairs, slamming the door behind me.

I laid across my bed and looked at the ceiling.

She drew me in in so many ways. I would always glance at her in class, I didn't even mean to, she was just so beautiful. She was smart too, she always answered questions so quietly to herself, but I sat close enough to hear her be right everytime. She never noticed how much I noticed her.

I thought talking to her at the party would make her open up, let loose freely.

I only made it worse for her. I brought out pain when she wanted a good night.

Maybe I should go see her.