29

Autumns POV:

Once Grayson got to my place, we all set up on my couch.

My parents were both at work and wouldn't be home for a couple of hours.

That was fine, I'd rather open my acceptance letters with my two best friends than with my parents.

Although, a part of me really wishes my dad was here to see me open the letter. He's going to be so proud of me no matter if I get in or not. He's been here with me through all of their arguing process. My dad was my best friend too.

I sat there, moving the letter back and forth in my hands. "Who wants to open first?"

"We could open them all together?" Ethan looked at me, then Grayson.

"Yeah. Saves suspense and nervousness."

I nodded and we all carefully placed our fingers under the envelopes lip.

This was it.

Opening an acceptance letter is daunting. You wait so long with anticipation. This was my top school. Sure, I applied to others. I didn't love them like I loved UCLA.

This wasn't simply opening a letter, I was opening my future.

"Three...two...," Grayson took a deep breath in. "One."

We all tore the envelopes open, ripping the papers out.

Autumn Kingg,
Congratulations! It is our great pleasure to offer you admission to UCLA for the fall quarter 2019.

My heart stopped, a smile spreading across my face.

"I'm in!" I jumped up.

"Me too!" Grayson grinned and grabbed me in a bear hug.

Ethan got up, the look on his face sad.

"Ethan.." I grabbed his letter, my heart sinking.

Ethan Dolan,
Congratulations! It is our great pleasure to offer you admission to UCLA for the fall quarter 2019.

You shit!" I slapped him. "You're in!"

"I know!" He grabbed Grayson and I tightly into a hug. "I'm going to college with my best friends!" He shook us all around.

"We need to celebrate!" I pulled away from them, the smile on my face not leaving.

"Pizza?"

"Pineapple mushroom?"

"Yes!" I squealed. "Let's go!" I grabbed my car keys. "I'll drive!" 

We all piled into my car, cheering on the way. "UCLA here we come!" Ethan yelled.

"Uh actually we're going to get pizza." Grayson got into the backseat.

"HA, comedy, Assclown." Ethan buckled.

The whole way to Dominos, we sang along to Kid Cudi. Grayson screamed the lyrics out of his love for Kid Cudi, and excitement.