22

Monday morning

I woke up, the room around me not mine.

I turned over and saw Ethan, his eyelashes fanning his cheeks so beautifully. He breathed softly. He looks so peaceful, like a beautiful angel.

Waking up next to him, not during vacation, felt good.

It felt natural.

I looked over and saw it was 6am. School today, I didn't want to.

My mind was still in California time, that vacation mindset.

I lightly nudged his shoulder. "Ethan love..." I smiled softly, his tongue lightly licking his soft pink lips, dried slightly from sleeping. "Wakey wakey!" I kissed his nose. "We have school."

"No." He groaned, his voice raspy from sleep. He wrapped his arm lazily around me, pulling me toward him. "Let's skip. Please?"

"Ethan." I giggled, kissing his chin. "We have to."

"What are you going to wear?" His hazel eyes looked up into mine, trying to pull me in- to want to skip.

No I must battle him.

He was right though. I had no idea what I'd wear.

"Oh..." I looked down. I had on Ethans t-shirt and athletic shorts. I could make this work, I guess. I had to win. We were going to school.

"This!" I got up and went to the mirror. The t-shirt was too big, but I pulled it around and tucked it up a little. It didn't look great, but it didn't look bad.

It was the day after spring break. It'd be fine.

I pulled my hair into a messy bun.

"This is the cutest I've seen you." He smiled, sitting up slightly on his elbow on his side. The sheets around his waist, he looked like a model. My model. "You look cuter in my shirt then I do."

I felt my cheeks pinken. "And you look perfect shirtless, but you need a shirt for school." I went into his closet, grabbing a red t-shirt. "Good?" I smiled. "You look good in red."

I went into his bathroom and brushed my teeth with my finger, which was nasty, but I didn't have a brush.

Ethan laughed coming up behind me, reaching around grabbing his toothbrush. "You'll have to keep one here." He grabbed the toothpaste.

I smiled and wiped my mouth on the towel. "Maybe." I went to step aside so he could be infront of the sink, but Ethan pressed his front up against my back and smirked as he put toothpaste on his brush. "Did you want out?" He looked at me in the mirror.

I blushed bright red, slightly affected. "Oh... I..." I moved my eyes to look down at the sink.

I wanted out, but not after that.

He smirked and stepped back. He sent me a wink before shoving the toothbrush into his mouth.

I stepped into his room as he finished up in the bathroom.

6:55.

"Ethan let's go!" I looked at the messages on my phone. My dad had texted me 6 times.

Dad: Autumn where are you
Dad: You have school
Dad: Autumn answer
Dad: Are you at Ethans
Dad: Autumn you need to say when you do this
Dad: I called Sean and he said you were. We'll talk.

I sighed and set my phone down. It was too early to argue and deal with those problems.

I didn't know if he'd be mad about me staying at Ethans, or not care and just be mad I didn't say anything about leaving.