21

Back in New Jersey
Sunday morning

Autumns POV:

Dylan dropped Alice home at her house, then dropped Grayson and Ethan off.

I was last before he took Jules home.

He pulled into my driveway. "Home sweet home."

"Yeah." I mumbled as I got out. I went to the back and grabbee my suitcase.

"I love you." Jules said out the car window. "Text me if you need anything! I'll see you at school tomorrow!"

I nodded and waved as I made my way to the door. I went in and it was dark. "Hello?" I called. No response.

I went upstairs, happy to be home alone so that I could unpack in peace.

After I unpacked, still nobody home. I decided a nap would be good.

My nap lasted a good half hour before I heard the front door slam. My parents coming in yelling.

"You know if you didn't have to be such a dick we could figure this out!" I heard my mom yell at my dad.

I turned over and laid my pillow over my face.

"Do you ever stop talking? Seriously Patti! You're the one making this divorce so difficult!"

"I want my half!"

"And you'll get your fucking half! Now shut up about it!" I could hear the anger and sadness mixed into my dads voice.

"Autumn!" I heard my mom yell. "Autumn come down here!"

I slowly sat up, shoving the safety net of blankets off me.

I really didn't want to go downstairs, not when they were arguing.

This is my reality though. My carefree California mindset needed to go.

I decided to leave my phone upstairs and headed downstairs.

"Autumn!" My dad smiled, a sad smile, but one happy to see me. "How was California?" He hugged me.

"Really good." I smiled lightly at him. "It was fun. I got a snowglobe for my collection." I couldn't help but give a genuine smile for that. Snowglobes were some of my favorite things.

I'll have to show them to Ethan.

My mom didn't say anything. She sat at the table, but looked right at me. "Was it worth leaving for a week?"

"It was a vacation with my friends." I said monotone, I didn't want to argue and start a fight.

"We could have done something for spring break. Or no wait, you and your dad would have and would have left me here."

"Patti." My dad glared at her. "She went on this trip to have fun. You don't get to be bitter. Our family vacation days are over. Autumn knows that, right Autumn?"

I hated this situation. Having to agree with my dad that family times were over, he wasn't wrong.

This family wasn't ever going to come back together. I knew that, so did my dad. I don't know what my mom thinks- or even what her plan is.

I just nodded slightly, earning a scoff from my mom.

"You just want me out too Autumn. I get it."

"I never said that."

"Sure." My mom got up. "You hate me."

"Not true." My responses were short. I didn't want to start anything with anybody.