39

Ethans POV
*arrival at the park*

Hey." I got out behind Autumn and shut the car door.

I wanted a moment with her, just her. No other ears but our own.

"No." She shook her head at me, "No you can't come with me."

"Not that." My hands both fell into her soft ones. I pressed them to my chest and rested them there, together. "Promise me," I took a deep, shakey breath, "Promise me whatever they tell you that you wont leave me." My voice was low, nervous.

"I promise." She pressed her soft lips to mine.

A promise that she wouldn't leave me, sealed with a kiss.

"I love you." I opened the door.

"I love you too." Her nervous voice spoke as she started walking into the woods.

I got back in the car and groaned, "I don't like this." I leaned back in the seat.

"I know, I am too." Gray turned around to look at me, "She's strong man. She's got this."

"Uh guys." Alices voice sounded worried, "Why is Jack coming toward our car?"

"What the fuck?" I moved my head to look out the windsheild, sure enough- there he was.

"This bitch." Jules unbuckled her seatbelt.

"Do not!" Dylan put his arm across her. "No. Not yet anyway."

I put my hand on the handle to open the door, Grayson doing the same. "You go, I go." He said as he opened his door.

I opened mine and we both got out.

We both stood infront of the car, arms crossed over our chest.

We might've looked tough, but we were terrified too.

Why wasn't he with Autumn? Where was Cassidy.

With Autumn. Fuck.

"Where's Cassidy?" I looked at Jack who was now almost infront of us.

"With Autumn."

"Why are you here?" Grayson cocked his head.

"I'm not dumb." He stopped infront of us. "I knew you'd guys be here too. I figured I could talk to Ethan."

"You talk to Ethan, you talk to me."

"Whatever." He looked at me after rolling his eyes at Gray, "So tell me, How is Autumn?"

"She's perfect." I said in a duh tone, proving how fine I am without him and Cassidy in my life now.

"What about the bet?"

"What bet?" Grayson turned to look at me, a sudden anger flaring in his eyes.

"The bet wasn't followed through." I said through my teeth, eyes darting on Jack.

"You bet to hook up with Autumn. You have, haven't you?"

"I was high Jack! I don't even remember making it until Cassidy showed me the video the next day!"

"Is Cassidy showing that video to Autumn?" Grayson looked at Jack, his voice was laced with upset and worry.

A smirk appeared on Jacks face, "Think she'll believe it?"

"How dare you!" I felt anger build up inside of me, "None of that happened! I wanted to be with Autumn because I wanted to be! Not you, not Cassidy, not some dumbass bet, me! I wasn't me when I said it, I was high!"

Grayson put his hand on my chest, "Calm the fuck down." I knew he was pissed at me hearing that I had made a bet on Autumn around the time he knew I was trying to get away from Jack and Cassidy and better myself.

I got high, saying it was my last time, and I fucked up.

I left Cassidy the day she showed me the video, I was done. She kept trying to get with me while I was trying to talk to Autumn, but I blocked her after about three days of her trying.

I was done.

I wanted Autumn, everything about her was perfect. I didn't want her for a bet, I wanted her for her.

She was my princess, the absolute love of my life.

She trusts me, she can't believe Cassidy, or can she?

I saw Cassidy come out from the woods and I instantly tensed, "What did you tell her?" I called to her, "What did you say?" I yelled.

She laughed as she walked over to Jack, "Let's just say, I think you lost your bet." Her hand fell into Jacks. "Ready sweet?"

"You two are fucking dating?"

"Jealous?"

I scoffed, "No." I hissed.

Anger was pumping through my veins. I had to go see Autumn.

"Bye!" She waved as they started walking back toward Jacks car. "Have fun cleaning up your mess, asshole!"

"Grayson," I turned to him.

"You had a bet to be with Autumn?" His eyes were burning holes through my own.

"I didn't follow through. I wanted Autumn for her. When I sat with her, I knew."

"Then why the fuck did you say that?" He was mad. Autumn had become like a sister to Grayson. "She is amazing and you were going to use her!"

"I got high!" I threw my arms up, "I got high one last time and I fucked up." I whispered.

Grayson took a deep breath, his hands running over his face.

Jules emerged from his car, "Ethan!" She sounded mad too, they must've heard. "How dare you!" She slapped me.

"I deserved that." I felt tears forming in my eyes.

Not from her slap, but for Autumn.

I hurt Autumn.

She's hurting now because of me.

She already has pain internally from her family life. I was her escape. I vowed to never cause her pain again.

I broke that.

"I can't. Ethan!"

"She's my everything." I looked at him, "Grayson, you know I would never hurt her. You know me, you know this me." I pleaded.

He nodded slightly and took a deep breath. His phone buzzed in his pocket. He pulled it out, "I'll be back."

"Where are you going?" I wiped the tears out of my eyes.

"Autumn asked to talk to me." He looked at me, "Ethan. I'll save it man." He gave me a bro hug.

"Grayson I love her. I didn't do this to her. I would never, I was high, I," I started rambling again.

Jules got back in the car, slamming the door.

"I know." He pulled back from me, "Let me go talk to her."

I nodded and got back in the car.

Dylan gave me a sad look, "She believes Cassidy." He handed me Jules phone. A message from Autumn across the screen. "I'm sorry man."

Autumn: I think was just another one of his games.