44

Graduation

Ethans POV:

I stared at the blue cap and gown, that resembled our schools color, draped along the end of my bed.

My fingers worked up my shirt, buttoning up the white button up shirt.

As I tucked it into my black pants, I turned around to look in the mirror.

I looked tired.

I looked broken.

Today I'd see Autumn, beautiful as ever, walk to the podieum and give her speech. I'd hear her soft voice speak of High School.

Then I'd see her gather her diploma, ready for the next step- UCLA.

Where we'd all be.

Something we all wanted equally, grateful for how much we all loved eachother and how close we all were that this was something we wanted to do together.

This was something Autumn and I wanted more than anything.

Now the idea of going to UCLA caused me pain and heartache.

Grayson knocked once before just coming in, his hands working on adjusting his gucci belt.

We were wearing the same thing, each one of us with our gucci belts that our Grandma gave to us as gifts.

"Hey. I look okay?" He looked in the mirror, adjusting his collar now.

I nodded, "I mean I'd hope so since we're wearing the same thing and all." I grabbed my gucci belt from my drawer and started sliding it into each hole.

A deep chuckle came from Grayson as he turned and looked at me. "You excited?"

"Glad to be done." I fastened the belt.

He nodded, a small smile on his face. "Me too bro." He went to leave, but stopped, turning around to face me. "Hey."

He got my attention, my eyes leaving the mirror and my body turning to face him.

"I love you man. I'm glad we're doing this and the future together." He gave a smile, a proud smile full of love.

"I love you too." I smiled, a tint pink coloring my cheeks.

"Another thing," He stopped in the doorway. "Autumn will be at our grad party." He walked out, the door shutting behind him.

My heart constricting.

I reached behind me, sliding my gown over my shoulders and adjusting it. I decided on zipping it when I got there.

I grabbed my cap and headed downstairs.

Autumns POV:

I slid my nude colored sandals on, examining myself in the mirror.

My short, white summer dress was decorated with the blue of my gown that I had draped over me.

I reached into my drawer, grabbing my folded up speech.

I was still beyond nervous about my speech, how it would go, if people would like it.

I made my way downstairs, my dad smiling at me, holding flowers.

"For you my graduate." He handed me the blue and yellow flowers.

"Thank you!" I smiled at him, putting them to my nose to smell their sweet scent. "I love them."

He smiled and hugged me. "I'm so proud of you, Autumn."