9

The Pier- Monday Night

Autumns POV:

I walked over to the pier and looked around. I pulled my maroon hoodie closer to my body as I walked. It was dark except for the lights that guided the way.

Not sketchy at all.

I walked until I spotted a big black truck. Ethans.

My stomach filled with knots just thinking about him. He has a spell over me.

I walked over to it and saw he wasn't in there.

"Autumn over here!" He waved as I jumped out of my skin.

I followed his voice over to dock 8, and there he stood under the moonlight on his boat, smiling. "You scared me." I said, my hand still over my heart.

"Sorry." He held his hand out, helping me into the boat. "Thanks for coming tonight."

"Is everything okay?" I looked around his boat. He had different beach items all shoved into a big clear container.

"Yeah. I just wanted to talk to you."

Oh.

I felt my stomach do a flip and my cheeks pinken.

I looked away awkwardly as I sat down on the white bench that was on the side of the boat.

He started the boat up. "Ready?" He backed it out of the spot.

I nodded slightly as he shot off into the night. Nothing but the sound of waves we created flooding my ears.

Ethans POV:

I rode the boat out of the docking area and into the open water.

I glanced at Autumn. Her hair was blowing around left and right and she looked over the side at the water. She looked back at me and smiled softly. "Can we stop under the moon?" She asked softly, carefully, as if she thought I would yell at her and say no.

I nodded, shooting her a smile and steered the boat into the middle of the open ocean, right into the light of the moon and anchored it down.

She was staring up at the moon, a soft smile still on her face. The moonlight shined beautifully onto her face.

Autumns POV:

"What?" I couldn't help but giggle at the way he was looking at me, my cheeks turning a light shade of red.

"The moonlight just makes you look more beautiful." He said coming over and sitting down next me. "I didn't know it was possible."

I blushed deeper.

He smiled and looked out at the water that looked a deep shade of purple. "I'm really happy you can come to California with all of us."

"Me too." I sat up onto my knees and leaned my upper body over the side, dipping my hand into the calm water.

"Careful." He wrapped his arm around my waist tightly, but carefully. "I don't want you to fall over."

I glanced down at his arm then back up to his face. His eyes showed his concern as I smiled and eased my way back into sitting. "The waters so calm."

"I love to ride out at night when it's calm like this." He looked out at the water. "It's so mind-freeing."

I looked up and the moon and nodded. "Especially at night."

He nodded slightly. "Spring time makes it less crowded at night too."

That was all that was said before the silence started. We sat taking in eachothers presence and the surrondings around us.